Fz8

sftec12flr

Has anyone check out the new FZ8? I was going to modify my bike but I thought if I traded it in for a FZ8 the cost difference for the two bikes might be the cost I would spend on the modification. I read the FZ8 has 105 hp, that's a bid difference from the FZ6R.

beefcake morris

I just got the FZ8 ,my girl is the one with a 2009 FZ6R. I got spoiled riding hers and riding my DRZ 400 SM, so I had to trade my 2008 GSXR 1000 on the FZ8.

The differnece between the FZ8 and the FZ6r is almost night and day, but the FZ8 does have a flat spot and I think the riding postion is slightly forward more

After reading a lot on here about the TB exhaust, commander, and filter on the FZ6R and what it does I have no dobout it will fix my problem on the FZ8. The FZ8 does have a better throttle response than the FZ6R.

Deanohh

Has anyone check out the new FZ8? I was going to modify my bike but I thought if I traded it in for a FZ8 the cost difference for the two bikes might be the cost I would spend on the modification. I read the FZ8 has 105 hp, that's a bid difference from the FZ6R.
You're not going to like how much a dealer will give you on trade in value.

cavcuz05

Really wish this bike was here in 09...i prob wouldnt be apart of this forum...i love this bike...watch there will be 10x more aftermarket parts plus add-on to make it a full fairing bike

RoadTrip

If you had a choice would you sell your FZ6R for a FZ8?
it would be a worthwhile upgrade, I have seen some great reviews on it, and yes it would be on my list of potentials - I have sat on one and the ergos are great, and it supposedly it has a decent hit at the top

CDN6R

Call me an old fuddy-duddy,,yeah I know I am but,,after over 2 weeks of rain I finally got my 6R and went for a 2.5 hour ride through some nice country roads here in my province. There were some long straights along with some tight corners and parts of the road with lots of potholes/cracks etc. I can home with a huge smile on my face because the 6r never skipped a beat. Took the corners great,absorbed the crappy road bumps/humps with ease and I got great gas milage to boot, and did it in comfort. Would I trade for a GSXR/CBR/ZXR or what ever??? Nope To me this bike is a gem, highly underrated and with enough power that you will ever need. If your car ran as fast as the 6R in the 1/4 mile would everyone consider it slow? I don't think so.

cavcuz05

If you had a choice would you sell your FZ6R for a FZ8?
One word :thumbup:yep...but i want to pay my bike off and not have a payment any more..by then there will be tons out for this bike

motoguy82

I only say I wish I would have gotten the FZ8 because I had a 2003 CBR 600 RR before my current bike. There is no way to make this bike nearly as fast as a supersport 600. But for the price, and other than usually unnecessary acceleration and top speed, this bike is a good bike. I just have to keep reminding myself...

cavcuz05

I only say I wish I would have gotten the FZ8 because I had a 2003 CBR 600 RR before my current bike. There is no way to make this bike nearly as fast as a supersport 600. But for the price, and other than usually unnecessary acceleration and top speed, this bike is a good bike. I just have to keep reminding myself...
totally agree

Roaddawg

One word :thumbup:yep...but i want to pay my bike off and not have a payment any more..by then there will be tons out for this bike
aahh...I just got a big overtime check and paid off the rest of my bike. Feels good to not have a monthly payment on it anymore. :cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

e.blackadder

I sat at one in our local store. I like it a lot. The seat seems better shaped than ours and I like that the tank feels wide. Sat on it for a few minutes only, so it's only the first impression.

I'm not 100% on the naked bikes (would prefer half-fairing like FZ1) and the wind protection looks brutally inadequate.