FZ6R vs F4I

Tmak73

Hello all! So I myself like to know everyone else's opinions when they get an opportunity to try out a different bike. Yesterday my buddy picked up an 01' honda f4i and since his riding experience is limited and his riding gear is about 4 hours away in his hometown I decided to ride it back for him. I was glad to this because as I mentioned in another thread one of my buddies does a lot of touring on his F4I so I was curious. So hear are some of my thoughts on the differences between the bikes.

So first off the seating position. The bike was still very easy to sit up right. I am a little lanky so my arms could reach the bars without much problem but having them raised up would have helped. Now the good thing about them being lower is that when I opened up and tucked in it felt a lot better than with our bike. But at general cruising when I am not hiding behind the windscreen I did take a lot more buffeting to the chest but it really did not bother me as much as I thought it would. The only thing that did bother me from being lanky with my long legs is that my legs did seem to get a lot more tight with the way the pegs were positioned. I was having to stretch them out a lot more to keep them a little limber or least from cramping.

Handling and power for this bike was a little different. It was hard for me to gage exactly how our bike would match up 0-100 but I can tell you this bike was just as fast if not a bit faster than ours. It definitely had more higher end torque than hours but most of us know that our bike lacks this already. But overall very smooth, easy to control the power and it had the kick when you wanted it. Handling was a little different. It did not feel as top heavy as our bike does. I didn't take into corners too hard just cause it was a different feel from ours and I definitely don't think I have enough experience to really ride that thing through twisties to its potential. But for the cornering I did do it felt great. I do like our bike better in the cornering category but as I said, I am biased for that part.

Just some other side note things, this bike did feel a lot warmer around my legs than our bikes. I also love the two headlight set-up seemed to work great at night but if I had a projector with my HID set up I am sure I would think differently.

I think that was everything I wanted to say if you have any questions just let me know I would be happy to answer them.

Attachments

Rookasaki

Nice write up. The F4i is more in the "super-sport" category then our 6R which is considered a "sport-bike" I believe the F4i has around 110 horse a lot more the the 6R. It's a nice bike, looks very clean. I don't like the huge exhaust and of course it's a Honda :thumbdown: Not sure if the "i" means it's fuel injected or not...

A while back I took out my buddies R6. That bike screams. Awesome bike, but just not for me. I enjoy the ergonomics of the 6R. The 6R also has a lot more bottom to mid range on the power band then the R6.. But dude, once you get up in the RPM's with the R6 your gone! To each there own. It is nice to jump on other bikes now and then.

Tmak73

Not sure if the "i" means it's fuel injected or not...
.[/QUOTE]

The 2001 model is the first year that Honda made this bike fuel injected.
Not sure if thats what the "I" stands for or not.

Fizzer6R

yup they put the "i" for this first year model that was fuel injection. great do it all bikes, rider aside, bike to bike, will slowly pull away from our FZ6R and has about 10-15mph more on top, which once you're up to 130+ is a lot.

Tmak73

I wish we could bump up our HP to match this one. I might go after the r6 header mod next season

WhiteFZ

All things being equal(condition, mileage, etc.), I'd take an F4i over the FZ6R anyday. The F4i is an awesome bike.

Detrich

Really clean for a 2001... Personally, I think the power in our bike is overall, ok. It's just too heavy compared to a super sport. We also have a higher center of gravity. This makes turning more difficult. If the 6R were 50+ lbs lighter, there'd prolly be no point in starting with a ninja 250 anymore for a lotta newbs...

Rookasaki

Really clean for a 2001... Personally, I think the power in our bike is overall, ok. It's just too heavy compared to a super sport. We also have a higher center of gravity. This makes turning more difficult. If the 6R were 50+ lbs lighter, there'd prolly be no point in starting with a ninja 250 anymore for a lotta newbs...
Its the dang steel frame that's so heavy! The power is good. Heck 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 1/4 mile low 12's and top speed of 130 isn't too bad ;)

Roaddawg

Its the dang steel frame that's so heavy! The power is good. Heck 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 1/4 mile low 12's and top speed of 130 isn't too bad ;)
Yeah, no sh!t! And "they" call it a beginner bike....come on!! :cool: Might as well call a Porsche 911 Turbo a good first car for a 16 year old...

Tmak73

Yeah, no sh!t! And "they" call it a beginner bike....come on!! :cool: Might as well call a Porsche 911 Turbo a good first car for a 16 year old...
Yea but if I can't go 160+ on a motorcycle its just not fast, we all know that

iSpoolin

Definitely no where near bad for a beginner bike, even more then a beginner bike should go IMO. The Ninja 250 110 top speed is way more then enough LOL

I don't see how people start out on SS bikes.

The Daytona does 0-60 in 3.0, 1/4 in 10.9, and has a top speed of 161 MPH (I think) and the first time I did a rip to 100 the bike THREW me to the butt pad and pinned me there until I let off. All this while the bike was trying to bring the front wheel up. Scary shit :eek:, but damn it was fun :rolleyes:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cobra94563

I was between the fz6r and a f4i before I bought the 6r.
Super bike. I still want it. Lighter and more power. Decent ergos.
The only thing was last year is 2006. 2003 for the split seat.
So finding an undamaged, low miles bike is harder. Seat height is higher, for me I would have to lower maybe. I found a really nice 6r first, so I jumped.
I really have no need for more power, so i'll keep the 6r for a bit.