FZ6R or Suzuki Gladius?

congrats pyrocpu! :)i just got mine in blue today too... also got front sliders, but the dealer said we can't install rear sliders.

i really liked the yellow also, but (a) i couldn't afford a brand new one and (b) used yellows are hard to find at the moment in LA area...

as promised, here are the pix of my (new-to-me) 09 FZ6-R! :)

still anxiously awaiting my riding gear to arrive in the mail. (ordered from compacc.com, since a friend told me about their great prices.) hope it gets here soon. :)

Detrich--congrats as well! Lucky you, those Santa Monica Mountains are an absolute playground for bikes... sigh... wish I were still there...

I haven't even had a chance to take any pictures (well, not camera-phone pictures anyway). I'm really wanting to get those sliders on before I even move the bike around the garage!

Yellow does seem to be the rarest colour. It took some calling around to make a yellow available, and at the right price.

I also ordered the rear seat cowl from the dealer as well; that should be in later this week!

Haha... thanks. I liked the Gladius as well; it's just that in the end, I felt that the Gladius' suspension wasn't up to snuff, the seat wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as the FZ6R, and it just looked too much like the Ducati Monster... but just as a copycat. If I got the Gladius, I'd want a Monster, nearly right away.
On the upside, the Gladius was about $200/yr cheaper on insurance!

Haha... thanks. I liked the Gladius as well; it's just that in the end, I felt that the Gladius' suspension wasn't up to snuff, the seat wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as the FZ6R, and it just looked too much like the Ducati Monster... but just as a copycat. If I got the Gladius, I'd want a Monster, nearly right away.
On the upside, the Gladius was about $200/yr cheaper on insurance!

Hey cool.!:DCongratulations on the new bike. Hopefully some good weather days ahead to ride. Do you have any pictures yet? Now you can update you sig with that brand new baby! :thumbup:

Pictures... wellll... really blurry iPhone pictures I have, but see, I used to be a photographer in a previous life, so I really don't want to show super-crappy pictures! I'll have some up... shortly!

Yamaha seat cowl just came in today, dealer said... :D

pix pyro? :)

we're waiting still...

Pictures--finally!

Waited till the weekend... whereupon we had half a foot of snow! Not a biggie in, say, Wisconsin, but here in Middle TN, people can't even drive in the dry.

Without further ado, attached are a couple of quick snapshots. I couldn't pull any vehicles outside, so garage pictures will have to do...

After these shots, I put on a set of Shogun no-cut sliders, plus the OEM accessory rear cowling... no pix of those yet...

Attachments

• DSC_9742.jpg
    DSC_9742.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
nice! :) your garage looks really nice as well... is that an s2000?

my garage is a bit small, and i park it in a tight corner out of the way. so, i already made my first boo boo by pushing the bike too close to the wall when parking it. and, i accidentally scuffed my right mirror a bit without even realizing it... @#$%^! it's slightly noticeable, but not too bad. i gotta be more careful putting it away from now on...

stucco wall 1: bike 0 :(

Keen eye! S2000 indeed. Absolutely fantastic!

Sorry to hear about the mirror! It's the little stuff that'll drive ya nuts. I wouldn't worry about it; there's a chance you might end up replacing the mirror w/ aftermarket bits anyhow!

BTW, sent ya a PM...

Back