FZ6R almost hits elderly people.

NoDoze

Whoah! In addition of the truck on the #1 lane, that little sweep becomes blind but you can see the old folks appear enough for the rider to slow down at the speed he was going.

Close one!

Deanohh

This is not me, may be a member on the forum though. I saw this on youtube. The old people were jaywalking, totally not the drivers fault.

Motorcycle close call with elderly pedestrians - YouTube
Not so fast there, Columbo. It IS totally the driver's fault. Any corner at an intersection is legally considered a crosswalk, marked or not. Even if the corners are only on one side of the street, like this one. They were not jaywalking.

xJoshuaDrakex

Not so fast there, Columbo. It IS totally the driver's fault. Any corner at an intersection is legally considered a crosswalk, marked or not. Even if the corners are only on one side of the street, like this one. They were not jaywalking.
Jaywalking is an informal term commonly used in North America to refer to illegal or reckless pedestrian crossing of a roadway. Examples include a pedestrian crossing between intersections (outside or, in some jurisdictions, also inside a marked or unmarked crosswalk) without yielding to drivers and starting to cross a crosswalk at a signalized intersection without waiting for a permissive indication to be displayed.

Tmak73

I believe this was posted a while back. But it was a close call indeed.

Deanohh

Jaywalking is an informal term commonly used in North America to refer to illegal or reckless pedestrian crossing of a roadway. Examples include a pedestrian crossing between intersections (outside or, in some jurisdictions, also inside a marked or unmarked crosswalk) without yielding to drivers and starting to cross a crosswalk at a signalized intersection without waiting for a permissive indication to be displayed.
If you ever go to court, don't act as your own attorney or you will have a fool for a client.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

repost but great post none the less

Tmak73

LS6TT

Not sure how you gathered its the drivers fault, I didn't see a sign saying cars must stop if crosswalk is occupied, nor a signal to stop.

Tmak73

This guys is definitely going to get the death penalty.

Deanohh

Not sure how you gathered its the drivers fault, I didn't see a sign saying cars must stop if crosswalk is occupied, nor a signal to stop.
How did you get a drivers license? There's no sign telling you not to jump off your roof either... Or do you need one.

Roaddawg

You reposted my post about this being a repost but great post none the less.
Sooooo, is this a repost or not....I'm confused?!? :justkidding: Actually, I'm thinking that I'm never ever crossing the street in Texas with that "no yielding to pedestrians required" law! :D

JSP

Super Moderator
That is a member here. He came on and gave his side of the story. Cannot find thread right now.but its here somewhere.

monstermike4343

Elite Member

MustGoFaster

How did you get a drivers license? There's no sign telling you not to jump off your roof either... Or do you need one.
Ouch...

:troll:

Last edited: