Funny idle with new 2 bros exhaust

BenderBT

Just installed new two bros. exhaust and pcv with marthy's adv rev b map. and drilled out airbox.
First start up the idle seemed like it wanted to pulse right around 1000. This seemed a little low and eventually evened out to around 1300 but when i took it out for first ride it seemed to idle low again with surging idle kind of like a harley sounds if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for advice or if this is normal.

Just installed new two bros. exhaust and pcv with marthy's adv rev b map. and drilled out airbox.
First start up the idle seemed like it wanted to pulse right around 1000. This seemed a little low and eventually evened out to around 1300 but when i took it out for first ride it seemed to idle low again with surging idle kind of like a harley sounds if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for advice or if this is normal.
If a 4 cylinder is sounding like a harley, there is likely a compression issue with one of the cylinders. Make sure to check what MistahT suggests and if it persists, i would take it to a professional mechanic.

xleeb0y13x

Gonna agree with MistahT also. After installing mine I had something similar sounding. Took everything back apart resealed retightened the whole nine yards and it was gone.

Sent while running with scissors.

BenderBT

Turns out I just needed to add a little fuel to the map at idle. Works good now. Thanks for the replies though

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BenderBT

Well using the advrev b i added about 3 percent in column zero in 1000,1250,1500 seemed to even out but i tried the sport rev a witch has -4 in those columns and it runs great also so im a little confused as whats right or wrong.

LocoLechero

i was having some issues with my 2bros and jbpro setup - i switched to the 2bros 2nd preset map and dialed down my low and mid range 10% that seemed to smooth things out - also was smelling some rich gas smell but that also went away after the adjustment