Front turn signals -- replacing lens?

Repeat !!

Hi all, This is my first post on this blog. Expecting my first 6R in few weeks :)
.. let me confess, how do you post a question/query !?! .. and then, as the subject suggests, pl. do post some pics once you have fixed the new signals.
Best Wishes.

Hello all,
Can anyone give the pros & cons of having a centre stand ?! Whether I should get the dealer fixed it or not ! .. Only reason I see (for now) is its usefullness in oil-change.

..started the search for a Yamaha-Blue, but the dealer who quoted the cheapest only had a raven or the cad. yellow, so now finalised on the yellow (and am glad too). Expected date of arrival, 17th Nov.
Shall def. post the pics.

i Advise against flushies unless they are EXTREMELY bright. The point of having the signal out further is to make the bike APPEAR bigger to other drivers and make them aware of the space you occupy before they are on top of you. Just a thought cheers :iconbeer:

Yeah, that's kinda the reason why I'd like to keep the stock signals in the front and just change the lenses to clear, then add an amber/orange bulb...

Heineken--did you get the VHT and smoke your signals yet? :)

swapped out the orange plastic lens on my left front turn signal on Friday night. took 5 minutes. there is a tiny phillips screw on the back that angles into the signal housing. just unscrewed it, and the orange lens popped right off. put the new one on, put the screw back in... done. the lens cost $15 + shipping from Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories i replaced it cuz it got a scratched in a slightly more noticeable area from when i tipped over 2 weekends ago...

swapped out the orange plastic lens on my left front turn signal on Friday night. took 5 minutes. there is a tiny phillips screw on the back that angles into the signal housing. just unscrewed it, and the orange lens popped right off. put the new one on, put the screw back in... done. the lens cost $15 + shipping from Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories i replaced it cuz it got a scratched in a slightly more noticeable area from when i tipped over 2 weekends ago...

OEM orange/amber color lens, or clear??

oem orange lens- ie identical to the way our bikes came.

Boo. You got me all excited for a moment there.
You could have just used a "rear" lens, and then changed out the rear turn signals to an integrated unit, or short stalks... :D

yah, but i'm lazy and adverse to modding... :lol: =P

Nothing wrong with that! Fiscally prudent!

Back