Front Brake Lines - Length

sammy56

Does anyone know the lenght of the front brake lines?
I am installing risers and although I recognize the lines can be re-routed, I will be ordering new front brake HEL lines and would prefer to simply order lines 2 inches longer...
Thanks in advance for the help. I could not even find the length in the service manual...:(:(:(

LB

rregal

I just put on the black Goodridge 2 line SS brake line kit, Yamaha part number ABA-0SS56-22-51 on my FZ6R with Woodcraft clipons. Both lines were of equal length measured at 31.5 inches center to center of bolt hole on the banjo fittings. At one end the lines they have 20 degree bend. I connected bent ends to the master by the double banjo bolt and routed them parallel down the right side of the triple to 3 “ above the front fender where I juncture them with a cable tie. I then routed though the holding clamps to the calipers.
The takeoff lines measured center to center of bolt hole on the banjo fittings are 33 inches for the main line and 23.5 inches for the crossover line.
If I was to get a custom length I might buy some poly tubing and cable ties from the home center to create mock brake lines in order work out the routing and measure the needed length.

Attachments

latony007

same probem

I have the same issue. I bought 2" risers and they are ok now but they also pivot and i want to pivot them backward and the brake line is not long enough. the dealer is trying to figure it out and order one for me. Also keep an eye on your turn signal wire. On mine the horn wire was attached to the turn signal wire. The horn wire was wire tied to the shock creating not enough slack in either. The wire worked loose after about 500 miles and started blowing fuses on me. It was easy to redirect it to correct the problem but still need to figure out the brake line so i can pivot them back.

sammy56

I went ahead and ordered the front brake line kit from HEL Brakes.
The sales rep let me know that the HEL lines come standard slightly longer than the OEM lines. He could not confirm exactly how much longer, but that they absolutely accomodate a 2 inch rise differential (we shall see, but I am very optomistic). I will let you all know how it goes once installed!

LB

latony007

link

that link just takes you to bizzrate for brakes. how much was the kit? Let me know how it goes im very interested.

sammy56

that link just takes you to bizzrate for brakes. how much was the kit? Let me know how it goes im very interested.
I did not add the link...the system does it automatically. You will see "you" just created the same link :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Cost was about $120 shipped.

LB

latony007

weird

that's weird why would the system just create a link to a random location. $120 bucks seems a bit out of line for a hose isn't it?

sammy56

that's weird why would the system just create a link to a random location. $120 bucks seems a bit out of line for a hose isn't it?
Steel braided brake lines Chief,,,,,but if you think I am a sucker, I am okay with that.

LB

latony007

no idea

I have no idea what they should cost and wasn't implying you got ripped. just seems high to me for a hose, assumed there was other things in the "kit" I will see what the Yamaha dealer says tomorrow when the service manager returns. he originally told me $45 to buy and replace the hose.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bobholsopple

I just put on the black Goodridge 2 line SS brake line kit, Yamaha part number ABA-0SS56-22-51 on my FZ6R with Woodcraft clipons. Both lines were of equal length measured at 31.5 inches center to center of bolt hole on the banjo fittings. At one end the lines they have 20 degree bend. I connected bent ends to the master by the double banjo bolt and routed them parallel down the right side of the triple to 3 “ above the front fender where I juncture them with a cable tie. I then routed though the holding clamps to the calipers.
The takeoff lines measured center to center of bolt hole on the banjo fittings are 33 inches for the main line and 23.5 inches for the crossover line.
If I was to get a custom length I might buy some poly tubing and cable ties from the home center to create mock brake lines in order work out the routing and measure the needed length.
So the original lines are 33" and 23.5"? I dont have risers. Just stock handlebars. I'm looking for steel lines to fit. Is that the sizes I'll be needing then? Thanks in advance.

Just_Jim

So the original lines are 33" and 23.5"? I dont have risers. Just stock handlebars. I'm looking for steel lines to fit. Is that the sizes I'll be needing then? Thanks in advance.
There are kits for the FZ6R that come with the correct length lines including the fittings. Google "Galfer steel-braided brake lines" and you see all kinds of options.

Spiegler is another option for stainless steel lines. That's what I put on my 2014 FZ6R (front and rear) and I am very happy with them.