Oem style steel brake lines?

jjmaine

Anyone know where I can get steel brake lines for the front that fit oem style instead of running two lines directly off the master cylinder? Wondering if anyone makes a kit that is available l (Spiegler, CoreMoto, Galfer etc.), if not I’ll have to order custom?

jjmaine

Oh nice, thanks! And these have just the line line from the master and then a crossover line from caliper to caliper?

I was on Galfers site before I posted here and put in my bike info and it said this product does not fit your application but when Iused your link it said it does fit. I must have been on the wrong one. Thanks!

jjmaine

Hey Jim, have you upgraded pads as well? My front feels ok but the rear is all but non-existent. I don’t use the rear much at all but like it to have some bite when/if needed. I may upgrade front and rear to HH sintered pads….

I’ve also got a Brembo Rcs master cylinder I might install when I swap the brake lines. It came off a previous bike and is just collecting dust. It’s a 15mm and is meant for a 4 piston single caliperso should work well with 2-2 piston calipers. That should make for a nice brake setup.IMG_1825.jpeg

Last edited:

Just_Jim

Yes, I'm using HH-rated pads on the front (EBC, I think). For me, HH pads have too much bite to use on the rear.

jjmaine

I can see that, especially without abs. I’m just worried that buying new organic pads will result in still not having a rear brake….

Anyone know where I can get steel brake lines for the front that fit oem style instead of running two lines directly off the master cylinder?
I put the kit from Spiegler on my bike. Their kit is OEM style but includes the rear line as well, not just the front. Very happy with it...quality parts, easy installation, and noticeable improvement in braking response.

https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-lines-accessories-tools/cycle-brake-line-kits/yamaha-fz-6r-premium-brake-line-kit-17807.html

jjmaine

Nice I’ll look into those, thanks! Only heard good things about Spiegler lines but never tried them.

Ideally I’d like to order the kit but have the longer of the two front lines lengthened by an inch and switch to a 40 or 60 degree fitting since the line bolts to the bottom of my Brembo master cylinder. I’m sure either Galfer or Spiegler would accommodate as long as I’m willing to pay for it lol.