Front and Rear stands?

I hate this ask this question after seeing some threads on this topic, but I couldn't get a concrete conclusion as to which front and rear stands are good for our bike.

I don't have spools directly on the tires, only on the swing arm and the mid-forward section of the bike.

I'm looking for an inexpensive stands that I can use easily myself. I've seen stands for over $100 for one. I'm trying not to spend way over a $100 between two of them.

What do you all have?

Cycle gear was running a deal on some pit stands, (trackside maybe?), where they were going for around 130ish for a full set.

That being said, save the money and go for the pit bulls. I have a standard rear for mine, and that is plenty for doing basic maintenance. Now, if you're looking to do anything to the front tire you'll need both. My advice is to buy the one you need right now, and save for the other, I don't know a single person who regrets that decision. I've seen a few guys go the cheap route to only come back to the PBs after spending the money on what turned out to be a fail. Not a rule, just what I have seen.

I thought I read somewhere that a front stand should be the first one you get because it's easier to do it alone?

Anyone hear of that?

I only want one so I can do simple maintenance, change oil, clean bike, etc.

Pitbull is sooo expensive :/.

No I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but even the trackside ones listed in here say to use a rear stand with the front stand. I haven't checked the rear stand warnings, but I know that I have no problems lifting the rear only.

Pitbull is sooo expensive :/.

That's what I said, but comparing them to the other stands I was looking at when I was in the store, for the extra 20-40 bucks it was worth it to have the better stand that felt that much more stable. I'd rather spend that extra bit to know that my baby is safe on it.

I've bought a set of front & rear stands from T-Rex: Front & Rear

I'd say they're pretty good quality for $120 for the set, and I can easily put the bike on them and take them off by myself (and I'm a pretty small guy).

I'm in the market myself. I currently have a cheapo Harbor Freight rear stand for maintenance. For reasonably priced options I've heard good things about stands from T-Rex and GPI Industries. I may end up just saving up and getting Pit Bulls. I'll be using stands to store my bike over the winter in my garage behind my M Coupe, and should anything happen to cause the bike to fall on my car, I'd be kicking myself hard for not buying the best that money can buy.

I figure good stands should pretty much last a lifetime, so it makes sense to me to buy the best and just not worry about it ever again.

I bought the Harbor Freight rear spool/swingarm stand after seeing it recommended by a few people, only to find out that it doesn't fit the bike at all. It's not wide enough by about 2 inches, and not high enough by at least an inch. Bear in mind this is with the Paddle Swingarm Adapters and not using Spools (because I don't have them, I know some people do). So I took it back. Granted harbor freight may have multiple stands and I could have just gotten the wrong one, but it was the only one they had in the store here. I never saw a model number in the recommendations, just that it was a harbor freight stand.

I want your last opinions before I pickup a Pitbull Stand..

Did you guys get the standard model, or the one that has a forward facing handle on it?

I've been reading some complain it's a little tricky to balance the bike by yourself with the regular one.

I have the Trackside rear stand from cyclegear as well. It is adjustable and goes right under the swingarm perfectly, no need of any holes or spools. You can go for it. I got mine for 39.99 as well (on sale).

I have the Trackside rear stand from cyclegear as well. It is adjustable and goes right under the swingarm perfectly, no need of any holes or spools. You can go for it. I got mine for 39.99 as well (on sale).
Same here ... except the price. Don't see the reason to pay x3 for PB stand.

Get the T-Rex spool adapters, the Harbor Freight stand works with them... I modified the stand to work with the spool adapters but i had to thicken the pads. It's not worth all that work. Just Search Spool Adapters quite a few people have them. They're pricey but worth every penny. I can get the rear on by myself with those. (there's kind of a trick to it, in my opinion. Youtube it.)

Back