Flushmount Wiring

braden07

This might need to be in the how to forum but i know alot of people are talking about it here.. depending on what y'all think possibly a sticky cause i havent been able to find anything with complete information on it in the first post so here it goes..

I ordered flush mounts for the R6 from the2wheels.com, the same place where alot of people have been getting levers (which i did and they look great). I got smoked ones since my fairings are black and thought it look good. These were ~15$

most aftermarket cheap flushmounts have only two wires. One should be black and the other some color (yellow, white, etc..) The black is ground or (+) and the other is the negative.

The stock setup has 3 wires. On the right hand side (sitting on the bike reference) is black (ground) blue (running day light) and green (blinker). On the left side is black (ground) blue (running day light) and brown (blinker). So make sure you hook up the right wires from the flushmount to the stock wiring (ie black - black and whatever other color from flushmount to green on right side & black - black and whatever other color from flushmount to brown on left side)

how to connect the wires is up to you.. you can tap splice (or butt splice will have to strip about 1/4" of wire cover to expose wires for butt splice) whichever you prefer from flush to above the connector from the bike to preserve the original signal completely or you can disconnect signal and cut wiring from signal housing and tap or butt splice the wires into the signal wiring harness and then just connect the stock connectors... I had an old pair from my old fz6 when i installed flushies so i cut the wires from the stock light housing and connected my flush wires to the original signal harness and now it just uses the original connectors.. pretty nice and simple.. i took the blue wire and attached a orange wire connector to it or you can electrical tape the blue wire and zip tie...

i will try and post pictures but i help this all inclusive is helpful...

-brady

Another option is to buy a wiring harness with the quick disconnect from ebay. I ordered a set for $8 and it was super easy to install the new lights without slicing/taping/etc. The only problem was that one was wired incorrectly so I had to redo it (took 2 minutes and didn't require any tools).

Back