Fluctuating RPMs

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

06330i

Pretty normal mine does the same. In fact all bikes do this especially if they have an analog tach like ours does. My buddies r1 is even more noticeable.

6R Blackout

Especially cold mine does it worse than that, I attribute it to the GIANT 31mm cam we have. I have a full exhaust system as well and that I notice made the needle move more when cold! You don't have a thing to worry about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I have to say I like when mine fluctuates like that, makes it sound like a race motor! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Were the throttle boddies ever synced? That may help a lil. but honestly it seems normal like eveyone is saying, especially if the bike is not fully warmed up.

Maverick6r

Bike was fully warmed up in the vid since I just rode 35 mins home from work. No, I doubt the throttle bodies were ever synced. How do you do that?

Kdubb223

Your rpm is barely fluctuating in that video. I have a 09 and mine does the same thing. If you are expecting the needle to stay pinned in one spot I dont know what to tell ya. As long as the bike is not cutting off or idling too low/too high you will be fine.

My only minor issue is after a restart when the bike is still warm the rpms bounce enough to make the race car wop wop wop sound until I blip the throttle a few times and the idle smooths back out. Not a real issue either.

buzzbomb

Elite Member