Fender Eliminator... Worth It?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
I have read that with the F.E. kit installed,,you get more water spray off the back tire in rainy conditions,resulting in a wet back. I have a F.E. kit but it is still in the box,,I may be in the minority but I do like the stock rear fender.

I have read that with the F.E. kit installed,,you get more water spray off the back tire in rainy conditions,resulting in a wet back. I have a F.E. kit but it is still in the box,,I may be in the minority but I do like the stock rear fender.

Haha I havn't seen many people who like the OEM fenders, but on the FZ6R, IMHO it just works. On my friends r6 we looked at it, and we were like nah lets take that off asap. It's all about your taste though! :)

Souly for the sexiness factor. That stock thing is fugly :lol:

You can find kits for under $40. Hell just buy you a liscense mount part and i'll send you some rear signals at the cost of shipping lol

the bike definitely looks better with a rear tire hugger and fender eliminator. but, it's a lotta work just for cosmetics... :)

I have read that with the F.E. kit installed,,you get more water spray off the back tire in rainy conditions,resulting in a wet back.

i've read that too, but i haven't noticed that actually happen to me yet. although, i do try to avoid the rain.

Completely for looks and totally worth it. That fender is huge and fugly. I did notice a downside to installing the FE though....without the fender, the bike just looked like it was missing something. I didn't realize what it was until I bought it though. The seat cowl. Its not so much the cowl itself as it is the glossy paint on the back of the bike. If you look at our bikes from the side, there is a lot of glossy paint up front and only the little bit under the grab bar on the back. The seat cowl fixes that. In the words of The Dude - the seat cowl just ties the bike together, ya know? :cool:

I like the stock fender... my friend/mechanic says it's ugly... but after talking, he just doesn't like the signals and reflectors... he likes the stepped plastic getup....

I love this fender, hoping to find someone with an R6 getting an FE to do a custom swap. The metal in a vertical step looks way better than the plastic we have:

Most people on the r6 forum completely hate the fender, it wouldn't take much luck finding one!

the seat cowl just ties the bike together, ya know? I would love to have a seat cowl for my yellow 6R but at over $200 and I have to remove the hardware off the rear seat to use the cowl,,,which to me is a pain because you can't change back and forth easily if you want to.

CDN6R> u can order the screws and the latch off any oem yamaha parts dealer- ie so that u don't have to dis-assemble your stock rear underseat.

Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories is where i bought mine from :) i'll post pix after i get it installed.

The fender eliminator is definately for looks and it really does work. You are right about the spray comming of the rear tyre. You need to wear appropriate gear to stop getting soaked.. friend of mine has the LED lights with his fender eliminator and it works a treat / looks sexy...I'll try and get some photo's.

anyone try this yet.

PHP:
I like the stock fender... my friend/mechanic says it's ugly... but after talking, he just doesn't like the signals and reflectors... he likes the stepped plastic getup....

I love this fender, hoping to find someone with an R6 getting an FE to do a custom swap. The metal in a vertical step looks way better than the plastic we have:

yamaha_r6_rev_counter.jpg

Has anyone tried this yet.? Even if the r6 fender doesn't fit, there has to be a model that does.

My stock fender doesn't bother me and that is all that matters.
Do what you want :thumbup:
:Im With Stupid:
I don't see much of the rear of my bike when I ride. :D

But I heard that the istalling the FE is equal to adding 0.00017 hwp to your bike.

Back