Felicia tipped over/Bar end question

MiniMose

So this morning i come out, and she had been tipped over at some point in the night(live in an apartment), and the stock bar end on the right side is scuffed up.

i asked the dealership, and they said $32 for new ones, and that these screw in ( most likely threaded ).

can anyone substantiate this and/or recommend new bar ends that will work (used search but found a bunch of stuff for the various clip-on mods)

xleeb0y13x

I still have my bar ends. Your welcome to them as I got bar end mirrors. I know your in Georgia but pm me and we can work out shipping. May be cheaper than new ones. I'm in Cali so who knows.

Sent while running with scissors.

latony007

So this morning i come out, and she had been tipped over at some point in the night(live in an apartment), and the stock bar end on the right side is scuffed up.

i asked the dealership, and they said $32 for new ones, and that these screw in ( most likely threaded ).

can anyone substantiate this and/or recommend new bar ends that will work (used search but found a bunch of stuff for the various clip-on mods)
yes the bar ends are threaded and just screw in. You can get the stock ones from this awesome member offering them to you :)
Or you can pick-up a set on ebay, I just bought some to get a little more color going. They are not as solid as the stock ones, which weigh about 30 lbs a piece lol
Red Billet Storm Bar End Slider Yamaha FZ6R 2009 2013 10 11 12 | eBay

abyss1406

yes they are threaded and are heavier than most bar ends.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Detrich

Shogun sells bar end sliders. I have them on both bikes & like how they look. They make the bar ends stick out just a little more to help protect the mirrors & levers.

latony007

BTW did you figure out how it got tipped over? Everytime I leave it out in a parking lot to goto the store or whatever I am convinced im going to come out and find it on the ground. And then be very pissed of about it. Id start interviewing all neighbors to see if they saw anything lol

Bert-Aus

If they are only scratched/ scuffed, why dont you just sand and repaint them?
There isnt much too them, the OEM ones are a good weight for reducing bar vibrations.
...just a suggestion

MiniMose

I have been asking.. no one saw anything of course.. i hate my apartments and we are moving soon.... just one more reason to hate it all.

Detrich

Sorry about the tip over. Sucks esp bcuz someone else did it and then split. :(

The positive side is that if that's all the damage then you're super lucky. Usually a tip scuffs way more than just the bar end. Given all that, $35 for a new bar end isn't too bad a loss imo...

MiniMose

I think i have decided on going with a clip on solution, maybe apex, but over the tree, so i don't have to cut.

then standard bar ends should fit.

i looked at it, and finally decided it's what i wanted to do. (was wrestling with it, but the apex ones sold me.)

latony007

apt.

I think i have decided on going with a clip on solution, maybe apex, but over the tree, so i don't have to cut.

then standard bar ends should fit.

i looked at it, and finally decided it's what i wanted to do. (was wrestling with it, but the apex ones sold me.)
That sucks about apt. life for sure. Mine is nice and safe in my garage (unless my wife uses my car lol) but everytime I go out I swear Im going to come out and see if on the ground and start crying. he is right about if the bar ends are the only damage your really lucky, usually the fairings take some kind of hit if you don't have sliders. Anyway im not sure how you got from replacing the stock bar ends to drilling or putting on clip ons ? but the bar ends I sent you just screw in like the stocks and most do. comes with a couple pieces so It will fit different sizes but just allen wrench is all you need.

MiniMose

i think what i will end up doing is going the apex route, and get some weighted bar ends for those. I have been on the fence, but lately i really have been leaning more towards it.

as for the fairing.. there are some light scuffs and some paints missing in a small part.

is it just me or does the paint on the plastic feel like is missing a few layers of paint AND clear... i feel like it was phoned in.

latony007

apex

Apex must be some type of handlebar? yea I think your right the paint is very thin, at least on the plastic fairings, not sure about the tank that seems a little better. I know that when I wax that tank up it looks awesome and is as smooth as a babys bottom lol

MiniMose

Apex must be some type of handlebar? yea I think your right the paint is very thin, at least on the plastic fairings, not sure about the tank that seems a little better. I know that when I wax that tank up it looks awesome and is as smooth as a babys bottom lol
apex are fully, FULLY adjustable clipons

latony007

apex are fully, FULLY adjustable clipons
excuse my ignorance I just looked these up. I have heard people talking about clip-ons but didn't realize they hooked to the forks. you remove the old bars entirely, put all the brake and shift and electrical crap on the new ones and hook them directly to the forks? Isnt that going to give you a kind of layed down super sport position?

MiniMose

excuse my ignorance I just looked these up. I have heard people talking about clip-ons but didn't realize they hooked to the forks. you remove the old bars entirely, put all the brake and shift and electrical crap on the new ones and hook them directly to the forks? Isnt that going to give you a kind of layed down super sport position?
with the apex, you can get a 3-4 inch rise on them... and they can rotate all around the fork tubes... so you can go from supersport to dirt bike in as much time as it takes to unscrew a few hex