FE Install Problems

Michael67

Trying to install a Competition Werks FE on my '12 FZ6R and am difficulty. First, the rear left and front right lights were blinking and no matter how I hooked it up, I couldn't get it corrected. Second, I couldn't get the rear right to flash at all. The second problem could be a bad bulb because I dropped it on a cement floor earlier. So to test this theory, I put the good bulb in the right rear, but it still didn't work. So, I reinstalled the good bulb back in the rear left and now IT doesnt work! I might have squeezed the base of the bulb too hard with pliers so that may be the issue. I'm going to pick up two new bulbs, but I think something is wrong with the wiring. Are there any better instructions than what are sent with the package? Any help would be much appreciated!

Firstly, the fast flash is from the relay. Replace the stock one w/ one that works w LED's.
I bought the rumble concepts plug and play one.
However, I've heard of others who bought one from AutoZone (or the likes) if you need is immediate.

Secondly, the wiring: Look at both sides stock wires. There is 1 matching wire per side and 1 of another color on each. The matching wires are the grounds, I believe black and white or silver rings, if I remember right.

Everything worked fine when I did my homemade FE, also worked fine when I installed my integrated taillight. I can't think of anything off the top of my head of what you could be having issues with. Sorry bro. If you have a test light, check to see if your wires are getting power when switched on...??

Now, I cannot even get the lights on the FE to light when directly hooked to a battery. Something must be wrong with the wiring harness. Oh well, looks like I need to contact Competition Werks.

The wiring harness is crap and seems really cheap. I stopped off at the nearest cycle shop and bought a new set of signals. I haven't hooked everything up yet, but I tested the new lights and they worked great. Hopefully everything works right when I hook it all up. I can't wait to get all of these mods finished as it will be just in time to ride here in Ohio. I'll post some pictures when they're all done. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Regards,

Michael

Back