Stuck oem brake light bulb?

Nrstar8088

So my tail light went out but brake light still works.
Thought it might be the bulb and figure LED bulb would be better anyway.
When I went to take oem bulb out I couldn't.

It seemed like one piece?
The brown/tarnnish socket was connected to a bulb and I tried to push in/ unscrew the bulb but the bulb itself came out and the bottom was very skinny and rectangular and all glass. It wasn't round like most bulbs are.

I took a pic from online that looks the same as I forgot to take pic while it was out.

The led bulb I bought was round at bottom with 2 silver bumps like normal type bulbs.

Any one know why this is?
The oem parts diagram shows a round bulb at the tail/brake light.

Did I take it out wrong?

Attachments

Just_Jim

You removed it correctly. That's the normal base of that light bulb. The best thing to do is take the bulb into the parts store and look up the LED replacement. The parts store should have a reference that lists the correct replacement based on the bulb number.

Nrstar8088

I believe 1157 is the replacement but can't seem to find that number bulb in flat bottom like the one I took out.

Went to 2 stores.

Unfortunately they were auto parts stores but I would think they would be sold there too.
I don't understand why the oem diagram shows a round bottom bulb yet mine is flat bottom. I don't think the previous owner did anything to the brake lights so it should be oem stock.

I've been riding without taillight fur a while and I'm pushing my luck.

Anyway ty for your reply

Just_Jim

It's definitely not a 1157 - the 1157 and 1156 all have round bases.

Check out the 7443. It has the correct base. The wattage is slightly higher (25/5.9 as opposed to 21/5) but not enough to be problem.

It's pretty confusing with regards to finding the correct replacement bulb - the Yamaha manual doesn't give an actual part number, the parts diagram shows the wrong light, and everywhere I looked online (including the Sylvania site) lists the wrong bulb. The only place I found an image of the correct bulb was in the replacement instructions in the FZ6R Haynes manual.

Nrstar8088

Thanks fur the reply and info.
I was thinking it might be 7443 as I saw them at the store.

I'll try them when I get a chance to go to store.

Thanks again,