Faster faster faster

davidrosso

...I might not be riding the 6R hard enough to get it to act weird, in the 70's I didn't need to ride hard to set it up.
Yeah I'm probably not hitting it hard enough to feel this flex, I ride a pretty good clip sometimes in the turns but not regularly. I had a scare a couple weeks ago not making a turn and going off the right side edge of a left hand downhill turn into a right hand, that kinda slowed me down some. BTW, I made it out of that situation okay by riding in the right berm all the way down the hill and popping back on the road as it turned right, fortunately no one was coming the other way cause I went way into the other lane as I came back on the road.

M76

I say ride with a group of responsible riders. My riding buddies include a guy with a CBR600RR, his female friend with an R6, a former coworker with an FJR1300, my fiancé with a Honda Interceptor (VF500F) and another dude with a 900cc cruiser. We tend to stay reasonably close to the speed limit. We can all keep up with each other, although a few of us occasionally fly ahead.

I find up to about 8500RPM our bikes aren't really slower than 600cc super sports and in reality I do most of my riding between 4000 to 9000 RPM anyway. I'd be more concerned if I had, say, a honda CBR125R. :D

Mikester88

Yeah I'm probably not hitting it hard enough to feel this flex, I ride a pretty good clip sometimes in the turns but not regularly. I had a scare a couple weeks ago not making a turn and going off the right side edge of a left hand downhill turn into a right hand, that kinda slowed me down some. BTW, I made it out of that situation okay by riding in the right berm all the way down the hill and popping back on the road as it turned right, fortunately no one was coming the other way cause I went way into the other lane as I came back on the road.
Yea well, it deff flexes ha

new2yam

@toddjcruz @Spunky99 @Fogride @Diluted @Accident @TOMIK @FZJ @Roaddawg @pyrocpu @husker525 @stuna @JonKerr @owldaddy @davidrosso @M76 @Mikester88

I know how every forum member loves an ancient thread being resurrected.. :p

I went through this thread and found the following items I'm potentially interested in:

- racetech springs (same thing as racetech "cartridge emulator"?)
- suspension "upgrade"? (if it refers to new parts)
- new sprockets

Is anyone (who's not loathing the old thread making its way back) willing to give me some links/direction?

Thanks!

Last edited:

latony007

@toddjcruz @Spunky99 @Fogride @Diluted @Accident @TOMIK @FZJ @Roaddawg @pyrocpu @husker525 @stuna @JonKerr @owldaddy @davidrosso @M76 @Mikester88

I know how every forum member loves an ancient thread being resurrected.. :p

I went through this thread and found the following items I'm potentially interested in:

- racetech springs (same thing as racetech "cartridge emulator"?)
- suspension "upgrade"? (if it refers to new parts)
- new sprockets

Is anyone (who's not loathing the old thread making its way back) willing to give me some links/direction?

Thanks!
i thought the suspension upgrade was interesting too but there were not any details or costs on it i saw. Im not sure why the need to get this bike faster though. It already goes so much faster than is legal, through corners or on straights, that really i think if i got a faster bike i will wind up splat. I can't see a supersport for anything other than guys that like to ride the track. i went riding with my buddy and his R6 on sunday and following him was kinda funny because you can tell after 40 minutes he was so uncomfiortable on it while i am all nice and cushy, thanks to my custom seat anyway :)

new2yam

i thought the suspension upgrade was interesting too but there were not any details or costs on it i saw. Im not sure why the need to get this bike faster though. It already goes so much faster than is legal, through corners or on straights, that really i think if i got a faster bike i will wind up splat. I can't see a supersport for anything other than guys that like to ride the track. i went riding with my buddy and his R6 on sunday and following him was kinda funny because you can tell after 40 minutes he was so uncomfiortable on it while i am all nice and cushy, thanks to my custom seat anyway :)
I'm with ya. Personally I wouldn't exactly mind being able to turn the engine into a SS, but it is what it is. I view these mods as giving it what you can. We all ride different. Some of us are sane, and some not. I try to be somewhat cautious, but I'll be honest that my riding group are a little on the crazy side and we do go fast. It's my bike and I want to it be all can be. :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

new2yam

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f88/cartridge-fork-emulators-racetech-gold-valves-20856/?highlight=racetech+springs

front springs, easy, cheap mod ($100 ish)... call and talk with racetech...
rear spring/shock, not so easy, about $600 if I remember right
sprockets... never ending discussions... you won't do much, just not night and day, best bet is one up on the front... will make the speedo right at least

check here for group buy we did last year:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f65/sprocket-chain-group-buy-28789/
Thanks dart!

Last edited: