Extended swing arm

acomeaux33cx

Anybody have one or know of sumone who makes kit???

BoneJj

I certainly hope you aren't doing this because of all the ungodly power that the FZ6R has... LOL. It may be able to wheelie but you have to work at it pretty good to get it to do so.

Are you doing it more for the styling aspect or something?

acomeaux33cx

Lol. Yeah. All for looks. I love the way a lowered extended bike looks

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh God, please no...no, no, no.... Really? WHY?!?? :mad: Sorry, but that is the most horrid looking, awful thing anyone can do to a bike IMO, unless it is a drag bike. You will RUIN your handling. Please dont.

Rant off. Its your bike and you can do as you wish I guess. Ugh... No never seen one for it and hope I never do haha

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Lol. Yeah. All for looks. I love the way a lowered extended bike looks
I'm sorry but y'all can ban me after this if y'all want but damn, that to me is pretty much the same thing as you saying "yeah I'm a poser, I want to take a good starter bike and make it look like its a badass, so I can be a badass!!! Yeah badass, useless but badass!!!"

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

acomeaux33cx

Im not wanting to do it to be a bad ass or a poser i just like the way it looks. Im not takling about extending it 10" mor like 2" to 4". Everything we do to these "starter" bikes as u call them can be considered being a poser or bad ass. If its a "starter" bike y spend $1000 dollars on an exhaust or fender eliminator kits and all that stuff. If its a "starter" bike we should just leave them bone stock but no we dont. We all have different taste. So if u wanna call me a poser or wanna be bad ass go for it.i dont care.

DakinechicK

I guess people are expressing their opinions, not to bash you, but to figure out why you like it. (You have to admit, it IS quite different for the 6r)

I, for one, don't think it would look good but if you like it, then that is what matters. We buy bikes to ride them and mod them as we wish. A lot of people on here thought me putting the clipons under my triple tree was stupid because I had to cut the plastics but I loved it, and that's what mattered to me.

In answer to your question though, no I have never heard of one or seen one. Maybe contact roaring toyz and ask if there is one available or if they could craft one for you. Good luck.

Cmon guys, lets try not to be so harsh or bash him. We aren't the gixxer site. :D

CrazyCawi

I dont think they make extension kits for our bike. You can have custom shops fab one up. I support you if you wanna do this. I think you should to be honest, youd have the only fz6r on this forum with it. You could even streetfight the tail end of the bike a bit too to give it more of that aggressive look. All I say is if you commit to doing it and say your gunna...dont be like some peeps and just never prove they did it or went through with what they said. Were a pictures or it didnt happen type of crew.

Dont take what they all say literally, its your bike and if you want to do it I give ya props on wanting to be different. Now if you wanted to do it on a gixxer or a busa, then...your a poser :D on the fizzer...your just being unique.

Dont forget to streetfighter the rear end if you do it tho, we need to see how that looks too!

Chevyfazer

Im not wanting to do it to be a bad ass or a poser i just like the way it looks. Im not takling about extending it 10" mor like 2" to 4". Everything we do to these "starter" bikes as u call them can be considered being a poser or bad ass. If its a "starter" bike y spend $1000 dollars on an exhaust or fender eliminator kits and all that stuff. If its a "starter" bike we should just leave them bone stock but no we dont. We all have different taste. So if u wanna call me a poser or wanna be bad ass go for it.i dont care.
Too each his own, but all the other mods you mentioned don't take anything away from the bike like that would...

acomeaux33cx

i guess people are expressing their opinions, not to bash you, but to figure out why you like it. (you have to admit, it is quite different for the 6r)

i, for one, don't think it would look good but if you like it, then that is what matters. We buy bikes to ride them and mod them as we wish. A lot of people on here thought me putting the clipons under my triple tree was stupid because i had to cut the plastics but i loved it, and that's what mattered to me.

In answer to your question though, no i have never heard of one or seen one. Maybe contact roaring toyz and ask if there is one available or if they could craft one for you. Good luck.

Cmon guys, lets try not to be so harsh or bash him.
We aren't the gixxer site.

you hit it on the head. Im always about being different!

bobby bo bonsin

It actually wouldn't change the look of our bike tremendously because our bike already has the boxy style swingarm that you see on extended bikes.obviously it would be longer and lower but the look of it would suit our bikepretty well I think, just as well as any other. I say go for it. I would like to see it .:D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Alex6

It's funny! I wish mine was about 3" shorter... That's one thing I like about the Speed Triple... short wheelbase. Never had the chance to ride one but sitting on the bike and it feel good and looks good.
That will change to geometry of the bike, that will affect the steering and stablity. I trust the Yamaha designers on all this stuff.
If anyone more concern with what looks good, then shorter or longer just a matter of taste. (Disclaimer: I'm talking about the motorcycle parts here)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

zxKRAZYxz

I haven't found a place that has a kit for this but I would like to see it done on our bikes I don't think that most people with stretched bikes do it for anything more than looks it all about what you like

Chevyfazer

I haven't found a place that has a kit for this but I would like to see it done on our bikes I don't think that most people with stretched bikes do it for anything more than looks it all about what you like
About 90% of the people I know or talked to who have extended swing arms all drag race their bikes. And 100% of them all have 1000cc bikes or bigger, and most of them have some serious engine work done or are running nitrous. With that kind of power the extended swing arms serve a purpose.