Excited! Gear waiting for me at home

Pinarello Rider

Waiting for me at home is a Shad top case and rack, ordered through my Yammy dealer. Supposed to fit a full face and a 3/4 helmet - enough so I don't need to lug my helmet around with me wherever I go. Will be nice to lock it up on the bike, along with gloves, earplugs, rain suit, and all the other junk I lug around back and forth to work.

Yay me! I'll let you all know how it works out.

BKP

That's exactly what I've got... and depending on the size, it does fit a full face lid... (Mine's a 33L, I believe).

It's an older picture (I swapped out the white for a red reflector, and there are a couple of changes on the bike since then -- seat, windshield, etc.), however, it's been great for me...

Just added the backrest accessory to it as well for when I go 2-up... (pain in the a$$ to get on properly, but it works).

Pinarello Rider

Really looking forward to adding it. My soft bag is easily detachable and is good for travel, but not daily use. Looks like I could still fit it on if I choose to take a longer ride. Thanks for the pick - I appreciate it!

latony007

gear

I love when there is gear or parts waiting for me at home when I get off from work! last was a new blue tooth helmet that I swear was made to match the pearl white. I like having the room for a jacket or stuff in one of these storage deals but it just makes the bike look not so sporty. I have a cruiser with saddlebags so I take that if I need the space :)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/TORC-Helmet-Bluetooth-Straight-Graphic/dp/B00BX7GCOC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1378932205&sr=8-5&keywords=torc+t12+white]TORC T12B Blade Full Faced Helmet with Blinc 2.0 Stereo Bluetooth and Straight Back White Graphic (White, Large) : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Pinarello Rider

I love when there is gear or parts waiting for me at home when I get off from work! last was a new blue tooth helmet that I swear was made to match the pearl white. I like having the room for a jacket or stuff in one of these storage deals but it just makes the bike look not so sporty. I have a cruiser with saddlebags so I take that if I need the space :)

TORC T12B Blade Full Faced Helmet with Blinc 2.0 Stereo Bluetooth and Straight Back White Graphic (White, Large) : Amazon.com : Automotive
I hear you about the Sporty, but I don't care so much about the looks - I bought the bike as primarily a commuter, but properly kitted out, it can take me on a weekend to a racetrack (I like auto racing). But it will be nice to be able to have some security on the bike for grocery runs on the way home.

latony007

yep

I hear you about the Sporty, but I don't care so much about the looks - I bought the bike as primarily a commuter, but properly kitted out, it can take me on a weekend to a racetrack (I like auto racing). But it will be nice to be able to have some security on the bike for grocery runs on the way home.
I agree, if I was commuting I would probably sacrifice for the space. Youd really have to. The only thing you can get in the storage compartment is about your phone! And it looks like my brothers that comes off in like 2 seconds so when you hit the twisties on the weekend you can leave it behind.

Pinarello Rider

I agree, if I was commuting I would probably sacrifice for the space. Youd really have to. The only thing you can get in the storage compartment is about your phone! And it looks like my brothers that comes off in like 2 seconds so when you hit the twisties on the weekend you can leave it behind.
Install was a snap, but the instructions could have been clearer. I bought the shad support rails with it (spend about $240 all together), but had to so some figgerin' to find out which of the attachment pieces I should use. Ended up taking about 45 minutes from opening the box to seeing how my helmet fit. Looks like decent quality, but would have liked to have seen some rings or something inside for a net or something. There's no way to strap things down in the compartment. Also, the soft case that sits pillion still fits, so I can double up storage on the back of the bike. With a tank bag, I'm set for some a weekender. :)

No pictures yet as I want it outdoors, but I'll post em up. I got the 40l version.

Pinarello Rider

If I were smart, I'd add pictures here, but I'm not smart, so I'll direct you to my albums - there are two pictures in there with my Shad 40 installed. DEFINITELY changes the rear end a bit in the corners.

latony007

If I were smart, I'd add pictures here, but I'm not smart, so I'll direct you to my albums - there are two pictures in there with my Shad 40 installed. DEFINITELY changes the rear end a bit in the corners.
Does kinda look like a tumor on the back of the bike :)
But like I said if I was commuting id get one too. Think my brother has the exact one on his ninja. But really I have to ask you a couple questions. WTF is that on front? is that a tank bag or a desk? lol
And is that Putin riding the bear? I really wish the shock, sticker and wheel tape on the white was a dark blue. But since its red I enhanced the red a bunch of stuff.

Pinarello Rider

Does kinda look like a tumor on the back of the bike :)
But like I said if I was commuting id get one too. Think my brother has the exact one on his ninja. But really I have to ask you a couple questions. WTF is that on front? is that a tank bag or a desk? lol
And is that Putin riding the bear? I really wish the shock, sticker and wheel tape on the white was a dark blue. But since its red I enhanced the red a bunch of stuff.
Pictures exaggerate the effect of the "tumah" (it's not a toomah, at all...). It's not THAT big. But don't get me wrong - it looks wonky. But looks aren't what I'm after.

Yes, that is a tank bag. I don't use it so much now that I have a trunk bag (moto centric) and the top case.

Yes, that is Putin on a bear. There are no words for Putin. I studied Russian in college, went to Russia for a semester, so all things Russia/Soviet have a special place in a black hole in my heart that only all things Russia/Soviet could occupy.

latony007

lol

Pictures exaggerate the effect of the "tumah" (it's not a toomah, at all...). It's not THAT big. But don't get me wrong - it looks wonky. But looks aren't what I'm after.

Yes, that is a tank bag. I don't use it so much now that I have a trunk bag (moto centric) and the top case.

Yes, that is Putin on a bear. There are no words for Putin. I studied Russian in college, went to Russia for a semester, so all things Russia/Soviet have a special place in a black hole in my heart that only all things Russia/Soviet could occupy.
Too funny, the only thing about Putin is that he is really making Obama look bad, oh wait that's not hard LOL.