E15 is coming (Ethanol 15%). Need your support to kill it.

well greg said..
Thank god since E10 already cause spark plug, Injector, Fuel pump and other fuel system problems on my blazer... Since I switched to NonOx, never anymore problems and runs better and get 3-4 mpg more. So when consider blazer was about 16-17 and now I get 20-21 mpg it is worth it.

I don't even know if we have ethanol around here. I don't pay a ton of attention at the pump just reach for the 91 (when im on my bike anyway)

Some pumps here states Ethanols added.. hm I may have to skip those stations..

Some pumps here states Ethanols added.. hm I may have to skip those stations..

I was thinking the same thing. I will have to start checking. I don't pay any attention. If I look at the pump too closely I see all the CA taxes I am paying on gas and start to get very angry lol

What is weird on the other end of the spectrum E85 (105 octane) is bad ask, you can do crazy spark and higher compression, makes real good power, but mileage is terrible.
Fuel experts say E30 is as close to pure Gas as you can get in mileage, power and fuel economy. Go figure.

So, because im not over there, can you gents explain what you actually have available at your pumps? here in Aus we mostly have this available

*Regular Unleaded (rare) (91 RON)
*Unleaded E10 (93 RON)
*Premium Unleaded (95 RON)
*Premo Premium (BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power) (98-100 RON)

and then in most capital cities you can have your E85, my car (L98 6 litre) is tuned for E85 but I have never run it, its not available where I live and I more than likely wouldnt put it in anyway.

My normal juice for everything is Shell V-Power (98-100) its pretty costly above the regular fuels though. costs about $1.78/litre here where as the regular's only cost $1.50 or so (been ages for me) Hows that compare to you gents?

Last edited:
Can't they use the excess corn to make moonshine and those good ol' Duke boys can tear up and around the county while Rosco chases them and makes a funny laugh when he's plotting his schemes to catch those Duke boys ? I guess they "have representation" now... ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f3CFzahrRs"]This is sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

So, because im not over there, can you gents explain what you actually have available at your pumps? here in Aus we mostly have this available

*Regular Unleaded (rare) (91 RON)
*Unleaded E10 (93 RON)
*Premium Unleaded (95 RON)
*Premo Premium (BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power) (98-100 RON)

and then in most capital cities you can have your E85, my car (L98 6 litre) is tuned for E85 but I have never run it, its not available where I live and I more than likely wouldnt put it in anyway.

My normal juice for everything is Shell V-Power (98-100) its pretty costly above the regular fuels though. costs about $1.78/litre here where as the regular's only cost $1.50 or so (been ages for me) Hows that compare to you gents?

They use a different ratings scale, but its the same.

For prices, it was '80s prices, but has since gone up to about 1/2 the price we get screwed for here. Don't laugh the UK gladly pay more than double again. More petrol dollar fuel excise power to you.

Back