Difference tween 2009 + 2014?

JBAX

I am casually looking at used FZ6R's with low milage in my area.

I am seeing some as old as 2009, with less than 2,000 miles. Any real difference otehr than paint/plastic?

On some of the 09's it looks like the exhaust is not the same.

Any comments appreciated.

latony007

I am casually looking at used FZ6R's with low milage in my area.

I am seeing some as old as 2009, with less than 2,000 miles. Any real difference otehr than paint/plastic?

On some of the 09's it looks like the exhaust is not the same.

Any comments appreciated.
The only differences between 09 - 14 is the paint schemes and the passenger grab bar. Everything else is pretty much identical. If your seeing different exhausts im sure its all mods that owners do. Exhaust (see our member Marthy) is one of the most popular mods.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

If you can find a Yellow 2009, those were the fastest. Other than that the bike hasn't change since 09 other than plastic colors and hand rail in the later years. Anything unmolested under 10K miles is a good deal. Used usually comes with some goodies already
im guessing yours (or now your wifes?) is a yellow 09? I actually like the blue and white the best but they did not have it my year so i have the white and red. Which has grown on me, certainly one of the more visible ones. I just did not like the black. And look around good there are quite a few for sale and if you can find a 13 at a dealer you can also get a fantastic deal.

JBAX

I am seeing this..... (hope posting the listing is not a vilotaion of the board).

2009 Yamaha Fz6 R, goldens bridge NY - 112861506 - Cycletrader.com

I am also seeing 2012-13's at 4,500-4,900. But I'd have to travel up to 4hrs to get the bikes and deal with dealer prep talk nonsense.

I couuld peal the pink and black decal/graphics from the bike and have a fully white/black bike.

Now if I could just get an email back from the seller :(

djf18374

I am seeing this..... (hope posting the listing is not a vilotaion of the board).

2009 Yamaha Fz6 R, goldens bridge NY - 112861506 - Cycletrader.com

I am also seeing 2012-13's at 4,500-4,900. But I'd have to travel up to 4hrs to get the bikes and deal with dealer prep talk nonsense.

I couuld peal the pink and black decal/graphics from the bike and have a fully white/black bike.

Now if I could just get an email back from the seller :(
The Tank graphics are not decals...they are painted over with the clearcoat so you would have a heck of a time getting the tank white.

Just an FYI, and hope you can get in contact with the seller.

latony007

JBAX

Thanks for the heads up on the tank graphics being under the clearcoat. Have not heard from the white/pink independent seller, BUT did hear from the MD dealer.

Sounds like dealer wants to move the bike. Like if I make him a firm offer, I can make something happen quick. Said he'd end the auction, if we could conclude a deal. Offered me 25% off on any addtl gear I wanted, including givi hard cases. hmmm. decisions, decisions.

Now do I even want to broach the subject with my wife or is it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! (my caveat when I sold my SV650S, was that I could get another bike, no questions asked, when I was wanting one again). This seems like a decent deal, but a little leary of buying it sight unseen. Would prolly ship the bike form MD to CT with Uship for $240ish.

Last edited:

latony007

Thanks for the heads up on the tank graphics being under the clearcoat. Have not heard from the white/pink independent seller, BUT did hear from the MD dealer.

Sounds like dealer wants to move the bike. Like if I make him a firm offer, I can make something happen quick. Said he'd end the auction, if we could conclude a deal. Offered me 25% off on any addtl gear I wanted, including givi hard cases. hmmm. decisions, decisions.

Now do I even want to broach the subject with my wife or is it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! (my caveat when I sold my SV650S, was that I could get another bike, no questions asked, when I was wanting one again). This seems like a decent deal, but a little leary of buying it sight unseen. Would prolly ship the bike form MD to CT with Uship for $240ish.
Do you have cash? Tell the dealer 4k and you will take it. I would NOT have it shipped. First off sight unseen will usually produce something you did not expect. Just make sure you get everything clear with the dealer before you drag your *** up there suck as tax etc. I have bought several cars long distance and they usually understand your going to explode in the midle of their dealership if they made you drive all the way to change the deal on you. Plus if someone offered me 240$ to ride a couple hundred miles id take it for sure :)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FastFreddy

That's why I'm not married.

I'm still trying to find a woman that's respectful, compliant and appreciative and knows who wears the pants. I might have to build one of those machines in Total Recall first.

It's tough being a guy. You have to simultaneously be tough while being sensitive and caring, and (I heard these gems yesterday) if you turn your chest towards them too early it shows you are too needy but if you look at a womans mouth apparently it bypasses her brain and she can't help getting horny. ;) It's to do with a studies on a fishes behaviour. I definitely know that doing horse impressions doesn't impress women, even if you think its funny.

Last edited:

JBAX

I "just brought it home" last Moto purchase. Was far easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

I have the cash and am prolly gonna tell the dealer $4k OTD. Not gonna get down there to see it or pick it up. So gonna ship it (it's more like 5 hrs away and work/life is not gonna allow me a way to get there any time soon (read EVER)/

Do you guys ever use a VIN checking service? Any other thoughts? Before my undecisive arse potentially makes an offer?

Fizzer6R

go for it! wouldn't worry too much about the VIN, it's a dealer, “140 MILES ONLY, 1 OWNER, NO SCRATCHES AND NO DAMAGE.”

I'd certainly feel better before purchase or even deposit taking to them on the phone asking "you say no scratches, are you sure there isn't any minor dings from rocks etc. anywhere?" if they hesitate or say well maybe a slight scratch... tell em you want high res. up close pics to verify.

they prob. use a specific shipper, might be able to work the $ deal w/shipping included. or just uship it as it could be cheaper for you. good luck!

latony007

go for it! wouldn't worry too much about the VIN, it's a dealer, “140 MILES ONLY, 1 OWNER, NO SCRATCHES AND NO DAMAGE.”

I'd certainly feel better before purchase or even deposit taking to them on the phone asking "you say no scratches, are you sure there isn't any minor dings from rocks etc. anywhere?" if they hesitate or say well maybe a slight scratch... tell em you want high res. up close pics to verify.

they prob. use a specific shipper, might be able to work the $ deal w/shipping included. or just uship it as it could be cheaper for you. good luck!
LOL, i love guys on the east coast, anything over 30 minutes is too long a drive. Hell i would love to get paid $250 to ride my bike for 5 hours lol. Anyway joking aside if you need help shipping it let me know. Im in logistics and i have a carrier that will move motorcycles but they are on the reliable side, not the cheap side. I agree with him, your usually pretty safe with 150 mile motorcycle from a dealer. I would just google the dealer see how long they have been in business, that they are not in the middle of a going out of business sale etc. Check BBB as well then id go for it.

JBAX

Of course I failed at gettting this bike. Was letting the auction run out (to better my chances for lowering the price) and then was gonna call the dealer and make an offer. Only to be sniped by someone who bought the bike at the last minute. Shudda called the dealer and just offered 4k cash. Oh Well.

The Hunt continues.

(BTW just rode a brand new 2014 in white/red. LOVE this bike. Came from riding a SV650 otherwise MotoX background. I am thinking either YZ6R or Honda CB500X. Rode the CBX at the same time, and was expecting to like it a lot more. Small bike very flickable, and uprigtht ergos, but almost too upright. Also fear I would grow bored with the CBX in time, where the YZ6R would keep me happy pretty much forever. I may be over the ADV bike idea, but not completely yet)

Thanks for all your help thus far.

JBAX

PM'd you. Can you let me know inof on your contact for reliable moto shipping? Thanks in advance!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member