did you ride today?

motogp6r

here in baltimore spring has arrived and riding season has started. i rode through the winter. ill be riding with my lighter gear now. who is pulling their bike out of storage and going riding today....doesnt matter where you live... let us know your on the open road.

live to ride, ride to live

random pic meant to inspire

MustGoFaster

No riding for me today. :( Got half the wiring done on my LED kit and won't have a chance to finish it until Saturday night. Grrrrr..... Stoopid 14 hour work days...

:banghead:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Weather here is absolute shit. Rain/snow/extreme winds... Not in the mood to anyways.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Yup, and the weather was:

Now I'm letting my gear dry: (thanks to my buddy for letting me barrow his riding suit)

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Grumpy

I didn't really stop this year in Chicago, no real snow to speak of, very unreal. I just ride to work in back when it is cold. As long as there is no snow and ice.

For this month we are 20+ degrees warmer than norm, in the 70's and yesterday it hit 80 :steve:

I have been riding more than just to work a whole two months early!

I haven't spotted a FZ6r on the road yet but I did see FZ6 the other day.

Cheers!

bmw675

beautiful day out today, went for about a 2 hour ride. only thing bad was bugs/gnats everywhere.

MustGoFaster

i did most of the led lighting on my bike by myself also. took me a couple hours to get it right.:zombie:
Yeah, I like doing electrical work, I just *hate* that it's so time consuming. But the effort shall be worth it. Expect pics this weekend.

:sinister:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

RooKie

Rode to work the same as usual. Can't wait for the weather to warm up. It would be nice to not have to tuck in to avoid all the cold wind flowing in my jacket through my collar.

Speaking of riding today, I almost ate sh*t today while making a right turn at what appeared to be an empty street:zombie:. Was coming up to the right turning lane kind of quickly, light was red but I could see that there were no cars on my left and the car in that's already at the corner is beginning his turn. So I catch up to the car at the turn and start leaning in at about 18mph when a lady that was standing at the corner (conveniently covered by bushes) pops out into the street right as the car clears her path (I'm around 10 feet behind the car at this point, leaning, and going at a quick pace). So I see the lady and hit my brakes, not sure if I pressed too much front brake and not enough rear, or too much rear, but i managed to steer the bike away and towards a divider. My front tire was going straight while my rear slid and whipped violently left and then right before I man-handled that beast and swerved hard-right to avoid the divider and get back up to speed.

Didn't eat sh*t and no innocent pedestrians were hurt in the making of this event.

Boring story, just thought I'd share :D

Last edited:

cdsdave

Got a quick 16 mile ride in today before the thunderstorms and maybe get out later if it dries up. So far I have 226 miles on her in my first three days of owning this sweet machine. Can't wait to get that first oil change behind me. I am starting to get the feel of the clutch and throttle and getting comfortable with the controls and handling. Loving it more with each passing mile. Not revving it too hard yet until after the first oil change but pleased to be getting 53 mpg so far. Sure am looking forward to spring and summer riding season.