Decals or no decals?

dx2killa

Well this isnt the final look seeing you can buy vinyl or decals and take em off and put em on all day.. I just wanted to get rid of the red and I'm going to go strickly black and white (plan on geting my rims done white as well) I'm thinking of doing some black lines/pattern that follows the body lines with the tank but these are all just ideas in my head ;P Thanks all for you opinions and comments great seeing the pics of the other bikes as well.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

06330i

Everytime I see a white and black bike, this automatically pops in my head, not that its a bad thing!

Detrich

Yah. I always get reminded of the forest storm troopers on the moon of Endor in ROTJ. Except those bikes were bad ass. LOL. :)

Detrich

I think sport bikes need some decals & graphics to look cool. Just not overly done to where it looks like a full blown race bike- unless that's the look ur looking for.

Completely absent of all decals, emblems, or graphics the bikes just look weirdo to me.... But that's just my .02...

All the model year bikes I love tend to have some graphics n decals but just not too much... Am swapping my 2012 R1 fairings for 2011 specifically because the 2012 is too much imo. The decals and graphics on the 2011 make the bike look like its lighter and in motion even when it's standing still.

dx2killa

Everytime I see a white and black bike, this automatically pops in my head, not that its a bad thing!

Good thing I'm a star wars junky! So totally gona put a black empire decal on the bike now :p. What I need to do is invest in full trooper armor.. now that would be shweet haha.

darksidefz6r

Haven't poked at my graphics on the plastics, how hard/easy are they to remove. I removed the windscreen sticker and tank stickers asap. I only have the FZ6R logo and Yamaha logos on my plastic. Just gonna take off the FZ6R stickers.
They are not bad at all. I let the bike sit outside in the sun for a couple hours then just peeled them off, a heat gun would work too. Just helps to release the adhesive if it's heated some. Afterwards use some sort of cleaner, goo-gone or similar, to remove remaining sticky residue.

dx2killa

They are not bad at all. I let the bike sit outside in the sun for a couple hours then just peeled them off, a heat gun would work too. Just helps to release the adhesive if it's heated some. Afterwards use some sort of cleaner, goo-gone or similar, to remove remaining sticky residue.
^ This. My bike sat out in the sun all day and I got a break at work. I had some plastic razor to peel the edges and they pulled off with ease. I used diluted lacquer thinner to get the clue residue off literally took me 10 minutes.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

AL72

Hi fellas, how do you remove the sticky thing that the decals left in the cowling? I try with rubbing alcohol pero it doesn't work. Some idea?

Thanks in advance!