Crickets?

cbzdel

Can you hear them??

Wow this place has really died down recently, must be the winter months???

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

fz6rwolf

I come on once a day but don't comment much. Bike is under cover with snow piled up all around it. Gotta get a thaw so can take cover off, give a once over with cleaner, make sure everything metal has coating on it (yeah, a garage would be nice but since in apartment and don't want to rent storage....my last 2 bikes spent winter months the same way with no rusting and they had lots of chrome) and go for a ride even if just 10 miles to keep everything lubricated.

Fastprof

There is a foot of snow on the ground and -15 C outside, even the crickets won't chirp. The bike is long put away under cover in the garage. Man, riding season seems so long ago. I drop in here once in a while just to see what is up, and think about the next riding season. You southern folk, don't know how lucky you are to ride all year long.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I am still here! :hug:

Due to the season, we will likely have less traffic here, but if you skip over to the sister site, they run pretty much through the off-season. They have a few more people active in the non-bike related sections that keeps it from becoming too quiet. I guess we need more people to post up a bunch of BS and off-topic threads. :don'tknow:

cbzdel

i like to bs :D

guess i can keep talking about guns, my only other hobby ATM

Craxican

I havent said much cuz there hasn't been much to say. Not a whole lot of new parts coming out...i've pretty much maxed out everything i can with the exception of the turbo (which i will be ordering the rest of the parts next month and hopefully be fully set up before May) and a new paint job (which im not paying for until AFTER i know the turbo is good lol). Stunting conversation died down as well...i'm still trying but havent had a lot of time between work, family, school, and friends. My bosses mom is dying...my co-manager's mom is dying, my friend's mom just died, my wife's grandmother is going, i'm trying to get into the masters program and studying for the GRE, working on finishing up my BA, taking on a roommate cuz her parents kicked her out and she was living out of her car for about 3 weeks (shes 18 and a ex-coworker of my wife), my family who has been living in Japan for the past 7 years has just moved back and are having trouble adjusting to the pay-cut and crappy economy here so i'm helping them when and where i can. This has been a crazy few months. I'm still checking in though...o I rounded out my front tire in a funky way, so even though it has plenty of tread, I need a new one. Nothing serious as of now, but in a few months i will have to get one...so yeah that's about where i'm at

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

I havent said much cuz there hasn't been much to say. Not a whole lot of new parts coming out...i've pretty much maxed out everything i can with the exception of the turbo (which i will be ordering the rest of the parts next month and hopefully be fully set up before May) and a new paint job (which im not paying for until AFTER i know the turbo is good lol). Stunting conversation died down as well...i'm still trying but havent had a lot of time between work, family, school, and friends. My bosses mom is dying...my co-manager's mom is dying, my friend's mom just died, my wife's grandmother is going, i'm trying to get into the masters program and studying for the GRE, working on finishing up my BA, taking on a roommate cuz her parents kicked her out and she was living out of her car for about 3 weeks (shes 18 and a ex-coworker of my wife), my family who has been living in Japan for the past 7 years has just moved back and are having trouble adjusting to the pay-cut and crappy economy here so i'm helping them when and where i can. This has been a crazy few months. I'm still checking in though...o I rounded out my front tire in a funky way, so even though it has plenty of tread, I need a new one. Nothing serious as of now, but in a few months i will have to get one...so yeah that's about where i'm at
Man, I'm stressed out just reading your post! :D

Roaddawg

I get on everyday and check the new posts. But, like many others, there just hasn't been too much to talk about, plus the busy holiday season hasn't given me much time to cuddle with bike. I rode to work yesterday and today and it was pretty cold. 30 degrees when I left my house. But, I hadn't ridden in three weeks and it was killing me. I didn't care so much about the cold once I was cruising down the road.

roidrage

Living in cali means u can ride all year long... i ride everyday... at 9600 miles... :) I have had it since april

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

cbzdel

What's the best way to carry while you ride? Thigh holster? Though... you are in WA, so you might not have that option.
The best...

(but mounted to the handle bars)
:D:D:D

I don't carry on the bike, I take it off and stick it in my tail bag, a hip holster is the only comfortable holster I have used while riding, and even then its not 100% prefect.

Roaddawg

I use a shoulder holster most of the time when I commute to work. Its more comfortable. But I use a tuck-in-the-pants type when I'm just riding, so I can take off my jacket if I stop to rest or eat...But, CBZDEL's solution looks the best!! That might be a good idea since I ride through Richmond and Oakland everyday! :)