Considering an 09 w 23k miles. This a good price?

RedRyan98

Hi All. Just signed up and am interested in picking up an FZ6R. I think its the perfect bike for me. Looks good, fairly comfy (based on reviews), quick, reliable, efficient...yup that will work

A brief backround, I rode for about five years and than took a break. I had an 04 R6 and then an 08 Aprilia Shiver 750. I loved riding but found I didn't do enough to justify having a bike so I sold the Ape and got a miata, which I could get more use out of. I'll be honest I'm a fair weather rider and didn't use it in the rain, cold, or heat so the miata was a better choice. However I recently had a chance to take a friends bike (honda cb something 500) on a full day ride through south central California and its rejuvenated my desire to ride.

I'm in a position now where I can pick up a "cheap-ish" bike to use to commute to work or for casual rides with friends on those fair weather days. I probably won't ride more than 3-4k miles/year since I still have a miata.

Found a black 09 FZ6R in town with 23k miles. The seller is asking $3,750. According to the ad its been very well maintained and is clean. I'm going to see it this weekend. I scrolled through the "how much did you pay for your FZ6R" thread and it seems like a lot of people got used '09s or '10s with much lower mileage for that price, or less. I'm thinking I'd like to stick to $3k at the most. do you think its a fair price?

$3k is what I was going to suggest. No more than that considering the mileage and year. Great bike. Low cost. I have 15 k on mine in a year and a half and zero problems. Good luck and welcome back to the club!

$3k is what I was going to suggest. No more than that considering the mileage and year. Great bike. Low cost. I have 15 k on mine in a year and a half and zero problems. Good luck and welcome back to the club!

Thanks for the feedback and kind reply!

Be sure to check the chain and sprockets for wear. If they are original, they are probably due for replacement. Same for the battery.

Thanks for the reply guys! I should have mentioned the chain and sprocket have been replaced, as well as plugs and air filters. All I'd need to do is the valve job at 25k miles (according to the owners manual) and brake/clutch fluid. Based on what the seller says everything else has been done.

I should know tomorrow whether I'll have the cash for the bike. I've got a couple projects I need to get done on the house and should have estimates back tomorrow. As long as they're in line with what I'm expecting, I'll be picking her up. Seller already indicated he could go as low as $3k which sounds like a fair deal to me.

Back