Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

bmw stealerships sometimes have awesome bmw log merchandise sales. i picked up 2 wool bmw beanies there once for like $20. that's almost as cheap as old navy! <lol>

pyrocpu

sammy56

Plenty of great recommendations already, but here is my 2 cents:
Layers, lined jacket and over pants, neck sleeve.
Pinlock shield to avoid fog.
Heated gloves and don't waste your time with anything other than Gerbins. I have tried several brands and Gerbins are the only way to go! From my perspective heated gloves make all the difference. As long as the hands are warm and everything else is at least comfortable, you are golden. Definitely get a controller too. In Atlanta it rarely gets below 30 F, but I ride as long as the roads are not full of ice or snow.
Anyway, just my 2 cents.

LB

FZ6RinSC

Gerbings full jacket liner and G3 gloves w dual ther controller is the way to go when it is below 55 deg. Kinda pricey will run y about $460, but they have lifetime warranty on their electrics. No more layering, just a regular shirt, and replace your jackets liner w the gerbing. I can ride all year in SC now.

stuna

It is starting to really dip down at night and early morning here in Colorado, but warming up to the high 70's in the day. I put my non perf leather jacket with the liner, my jeans on under my nylon riding pants with the liner in the morning. Zip out the liners, throw them in my backpack, and head home in the afternoon. The only thing that ever gets chilly is my neck, below my helmet, and above my jacket. I have 42 miles of 75 mph freeway to ride to get to the city, so windchill can really be a factor. God bless you die hards that ride all the time when there is no snow on the ground....LOL
this spring i rode 1500 mi before the snow was gone :wav:
not all on the 6r some on the gl1800