Chains, O-Ring or No O-Ring

A NON O RING . WILL NOT LAST FOR $%^*(. :zombie:
EVEN A CHEAP O RING IS &*()():zombie:
JUST USE A GOOD SET AND RIDE ON . been there done that . back in my day the was not o ring chains . so i have plenty of experience with poor chains :eek:, been riding since . well a long time
I picked up my chain from Amazon for 30 bones. I assumed it wasn't top of the line, but there were few chains available in red. I do notice that the red on the chain is slightly bleeding off and leaving the tire with a red hue from wear I assume. Thanks for the info :eek:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FastFreddy

I get the shudders when I hear old-timers talk about chain maintenance.

Stories of cooking the chain in special hot oil and hanging up on a nail overnight every month or so...

I clean with kero in a spray bottle and a rag and a bit of cardboard to stop overspray onto the exhaust box. Then dry with a rag and spray lube.

If you keep the chain constantly clean, then you won't get gaps when you pull on the chain at the back of the sprocket. If you get gaps, you need to replace the chain and sprockets.

I'm guessing its your sprocket with non-symmetrical teeth, rather than the 1000 mile wear on it chain.

I get the shudders when I hear old-timers talk about chain maintenance.

Stories of cooking the chain in special hot oil and hanging up on a nail overnight every month or so...

I clean with kero in a spray bottle and a rag and a bit of cardboard to stop overspray onto the exhaust box. Then dry with a rag and spray lube.

If you keep the chain constantly clean, then you won't get gaps when you pull on the chain at the back of the sprocket. If you get gaps, you need to replace the chain and sprockets.

I'm guessing its your sprocket with non-symmetrical teeth, rather than the 1000 mile wear on it chain.
I'm going to take some pictures later today during my break or lunch. I'll let you guys decide if I should replace the chain.