Can't get over this FEAR

bleedinblue

Elite Member

FZ6R_Mike

I have wrecked my quad climbing hills and racing quite a few times. Racing is a little different cause u got an adrenaline rush and a will to win the race so u kinda block the wreck out. Climbing the hill was a different story. It didn't scare me from riding but when I came to that part of the trail I would always take the long way just to avoid that hill. One day I was just tired of looking at that hill and just cowaring away from it, so I lined up and and popped the clutch and cruised up it like it was nothing. Fear is a mental blockage! Don't let fear control ur mind. Next time ur gearing up to go out just think how much fun ur gonna have at bike night or wherever u go. Don't let those negative thoughts in.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

va_bank

I'm terrified when I ride now. I will ride for short distances and that's it. I've been riding for over 10 years and nothing has bothered me about riding until now. ???
I'm at a loss at how to get over this. I get real uneasy and shaky just sitting on my bike or even riding in the neighborhood.
Leave the bike alone for a while or take even shorter rides. If you meant to ride, you will miss it and eventually get over your fear. After the birth of my son, I walked away out of fear for 3 years and thought I was done for good. It came calling back and I returned with more confidence than before.

DakinechicK

Well you said that you rode after getting a new bike and were fine. Then after the winter now the issue is coming up. Did anything change over the winter? Do you have new priorities or future possibilities that may be weighing in on this?
Are you going to have a bady Dakine? Because looking at you and your husband in those pics that baby would be CUTE!! :thumbup:
Awwww thank you Kevin! But, I'm not knocked up yet. I'm planning on becoming a mommy but not right now, so I don't think that's it. I think what is strange is that I did ride all last summer and fall... put a few thousand miles on the bike and NOW I'm getting anxiety. It just doesn't make sense to me because I got right back up from that wreck and did a lot of riding. Maybe I've just had all winter to think about it and how bad it could have been...?? I don't know. I did turn 30 in Sept so maybe my attitude changed about life!! :rolleyes: Nah...

Thanks for all the input guys and gals. It sucks to be intimidated about something you love SO much! I'm sure I'll get passed it... I just need to get out and ride instead of sitting here worrying about it. I'm sure I'll move on! :)

kevin8198

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member