Camshaft specs... The next project!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adamo3957

This is what the cam swap is capable of, along with pcv & autotune and custom exhaust. M94 is my FZ6R and M5 is a R1

Erm,

So Wednesday night was my first time at the drags,

Bone stock XJ6n running 98 octane @ less than 2500 miles on the clocks

From slip

Elapsed Time - 12.863
Terminal speed - 103.80mph / 167.05kph
Reaction Time - < -0.400 (End of the night so was instant greens with RT turned off)
60' - 2.224
330' - 5.524
660' - 8.285
660's - 141.46 kph (approx 88.41 mph)
1000' - 10.729

Track Conditions

Ambient Temp - 15.3C / 59.5F
Absolute pressure - 1018.1hPa (Station Elevation 28.2m)
Corrected pressure - 1021.5hPa
Relative Humidity - 72.0%
Dew Point - 10.3C / 50.5F
Density Altitude - -18.5m / -60.8ft
Wind - S (176) @ 5.0 Knots
Track Temp - 22.8C / 73.0F

I think you should be able to run quicker with the cams installed, they're on my list of things to do along with exhaust :)

engineered2win

Can anyone confirm that the cam timing for the FZ6 cams bolted to 6R cam gears with an enlarged center hole is 105/105? One of the posts Marthy mentioned the exhaust came lobe center was spot on at 105* without any slotting and the intake cam lobe center is at 102* with 0.012" slot. Is that correct? If 1* = 0.008" slot, then 3* should be 0.024" correct?

I'm finally getting around to doing my cam swap. I built a piston stop for the m10x1 spark plug, since finding an m10x1 bolt is rather difficult. I just need to get the cam gears modified and will be ready to tear everything apart before spring.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Just got my FZ6 cams (Thanks Martin!), so I am hoping to have them in this weekend. Woohoo! Then I need a good dynorun. Hoping to push 80 rwhp or just over 90 crank hp. braaaap!!!!
Untuned you'll hit 78hp at the wheel, and that's with the a/f ratio going like a roller coaster.
My goal is 100 at the crank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

I have a nice map from Marthy that he tuned for his 6R. He said the map works pretty good. Will have to hold me over till I can get on a tuner. He pushed around 80 rwhp. I'd love to hit 100 crank hp, but don't know what other mods could push it that high. I have a full exhaust, PCV, block offs, airbox mod, short velocity stacks, and cams. (these last 3 I'm doing at the same time). I bought a new airbox to steal the short v stacks and a backup for my modded airbox.

I've done all that as well as the larger fz6 throttle bodies. I'm thinking of doing the angled cut out at the bottom of the airbox, but I don't have any spares lying around unless I modify the fz6 box I bought.
Like you, I'm waiting for a tune (mechs dyno broke end of last year)

ST3RL0

uploadfromtaptalk1422580215704.jpg that's what you're roughly looking at, seeing as you have the same mods

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Yeah about what I figure I should get. If you're running the PCV you could probably try the map Marthy sent me to try out.
pcv all the way.
I've got his advgear B map which I massaged for aussie fuel (difference between American rating and aust rating apparently). My guys should be back up and running for a tune on Monday

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rumpig

I've done all that as well as the larger fz6 throttle bodies. I'm thinking of doing the angled cut out at the bottom of the airbox, but I don't have any spares lying around unless I modify the fz6 box I bought.
Like you, I'm waiting for a tune (mechs dyno broke end of last year)

If the FZ6 throttle bodies fit, and the FZ6 cams fit, I reckon the complete top end ( head, throttle bodies, fuel rail ) would probably have to be straight swap. They probably just filled the ports on a stock FZ6 head and then recast it to make the FZ6R head. I'm gunna find out one day!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member