Bye 6R :( --> Hello R1 :))

Detrich

wow, congrats! :)

i am so jealous... gosh, now i really want to upgrade too. :p

MikeN02

Nice man, is that the 09? Friend has the same one. White and red is sexy!

Also, if it's the 09 look up the headlight and cam chain problem. Headlight was known for being hot and melting the plastic, so they had a recall on them.

Also have a set of yoshimura R-77 slip-ons if you're interested, barely on the bike for 200 miles but he decided to get the carbon fiber ones. Cleans up the rear really nice because it gets rid of the big cans and the extra mounting plastic.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rat

Thanks! Rode that 10 miles from dealer, fantastic feelings!
But, still love my yellow FZ6R too! It was my first love and friend that always gave me tons of pleasure!
Was thinking about R6 but didn't plan anything, just caught the moment. :))

Here are details:
FZ6R 2009 + 5613$ == brand new R1 2009
Plus, I will be paying taxes in IL, since I got R1 in Ohio.

Will be selling my FZ6R TBR+JuiceBox - let me know please if anyone is interested, 500$ for the stuff (spent like 1300 I believe).

Last edited:

ry-mac75

Hot bike! Ride safe

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice man!!! Beautiful R1! Stay safe on that thing please!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

yah don't forget about us. :)

sbhoopsfan

Very nice, lots a luck.

Rat

Thanks guys! I'm not gonna leave this forum and my friends, since my heart belongs to FZ6R forever. I would be happy to keep my FZ6R as second bike, but... money...money... :(

Several more pics of course:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

MikeN02

Is this your first 1000? My riding buddy who has that + a 09 zx6-r goes off and on on both. Says the R1 is a scary beast, he can barely ease out because he goes 30 to 40ish when he gently pulls out into the road.

Also tells me A mode is a beast.

Kspalla

Congrats thats a sweet r1 i looked at one but the first bike had to be something more "Managable" if you know what i mean...