Bought leather motorcycle pants, unsure of sizing though

Fzara2000

I decided to go to a nearby motorcycle shop today which was having an open house as well as a dozen of apparel/part specials.

After having to wait ~30 min. for the Alpinestar (A*) rep. to arrive, he was able to find me a pair of leather A* pants in his catalogue which would fit me well (I'm 5' 4", 34 waist & inseam of ~29). I told him I was looking to go to the track next year, so he reccommended that I get an A* jacket as well, although i'll have to wait for a couple months since i'm low on funds and my Joe Rocket jacket is fine for now.

The store quoted me $365 for the pants, which is a decent amount cheaper than the $399 on Revzilla right now, so I decided to buy them on the spot, in black. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-gp-plus-leather-pants

Unfortunately the pair is in NY and I have to wait until Tuesday to get them in the shop.

The only thing i'm worried about is that the A* rep said the pants fit true to size, whereas Revzilla's customer reviews say the pants run on the small size. My biggest fear would be having to spend extra $$$ to take it to a seamstress and get the bottom of the pants hemmed. I guess time will tell.

Regardless, i'm happy that i'll finally be FULLY geared up now when riding, and I can say goodbye to the jeans.

Sorry for rambling on, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Second that -Very nice pants

What Applejax said tuck 'em in your boots way more comfy

Fzara2000

Second that -Very nice pants

What Applejax said tuck 'em in your boots way more comfy
I always thought pants (including jeans) were supposed to cover your boots. I should note that ive had problems when my boot cut jeans have caught onto the pegs countless times. I guess I'll try that for next time.

By the way - do you all ride with your leather pants on a daily basis? Or do you leave them in the closet until track days?

Fzara2000

I tried on the pants in size 50 but they were too small! Im usually a size 34-30 in jeans, but I couldn't get the buckles to buckle. Hopefully the 52 fits me, otherwise I may eventually have to find a seamstress to sew the pants..

They really need to come out with mainstream motorcycle sports apparel such as pants and track suits for heavier guys, I think it would do really well...

CrazyCawi

I tried on the pants in size 50 but they were too small! Im usually a size 34-30 in jeans, but I couldn't get the buckles to buckle. Hopefully the 52 fits me, otherwise I may eventually have to find a seamstress to sew the pants..

They really need to come out with mainstream motorcycle sports apparel such as pants and track suits for heavier guys, I think it would do really well...
you can get them custom made for 600-1200 from spartan racing suits. local guy here, makes suits for ama racers across the country man, impeccable work and everyone swears by them. One of my buddies has been down 4 times on the track and his suit still is holding up in the seams....

http://www.spartanleathers.com

they make suits both leather and textile versions, fully custom, or premade....

Last edited: