Bike hesitate under 5k rpm

jjmaine

I’m guessing it has something to do with the Delkevic full exhaust and being de-catted? I have the Pcfc and am wondering what changes I could maybe make to smooth the bike out from 0-4,000rpm? As soon as I hit 5k the bike takes right off and runs like it should. I tried addind fuel to the first two trim settings on the Pcfc and that didnt help. Maybe 4 degree timing advance wheel???

jjmaine

Nobody elses bike is a turd below 5k? I’m wondering if it’s due to the exhaust/power commander or simply the fact that its an inline 4?

I never had the chance to ride this bike with the stock exhaust so I have nothing to compare it to but I know its hard to idle around a parking lot or go less than 20mph in first gear because the fueling seems off and the bike bumbles its way along kind of twitchy. Then when it hits 5k rpm it takes right off. I wish I had a shop near me that could do a dyno tune with my power commander because Id have already done it….

Jerzee55

Stock bike. No issues below (or above) 5K, but takes off like a rocket above 6K. May be your tune? There are 'several' programs (Marthy's versions) for the Power commander you might try if you don't have access to a dyno tuning shop.

jjmaine

I think youre right. I’ll be changing the exhaust so no sense fettling with the tunes too much until I get the new exhaust on anyway.