Best Handling Mod for $0

Funkmaxtor

That is a good point about hanging on too tight. I used to do this too. A grip that is too tight will cause a lot of fatigue pretty quickly. If you read "Total Control" the author states that you should only be steering (counter-steering) using one hand. That does not mean the other hand is off the bars. It just means your grip should be relaxed. It took me awhile to get myself trained to do that but it will help your corning and solve a lot of your fatigue issues.

As for long rides I bought a Cramp Buster
and that helped a lot with fatigue.

93cc

Not quite sure what your asking... but I'll take a SWAG.
My risers in pics are stock positioning, I only adjust the bars toward rider and adjusted clutch and brake levers. (clutch had to be move in towards center of bar a slight bit to clear the plastics of the controls).
Stock position of the risers is not the "more forward" position at least on mine it wasnt. If you rotate them 180 the bar moves forward about an inch.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Is there some instructions on how to swivel out the riser?
Take the bar clamp off and rest the bars on a rag to not scratch them. Get under the riser, loosen it up and spin. They are on there damn tight.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
When I did them on the 6R I could not get the nut under the riser to break free. But when I cranked on it the whole thing, riser included would move a little together. I just did that until they spun around :D

EsrTek

Some excellent additional info in here...thanks to all.
Too all concerned about my safety, I appreciate that and (obviously) didn't fully think out adding the foam under bars. It will be removed tonight.

Dropping the forks and real clip ons are my plans for future, but for now this is good.
I'm not sure if I want to flip the risers around, would have to see it, to see how big a difference it makes. However, I'll keep them like this for a few weeks and see how it goes.

I did make sure when setting these my finger don't get smashed on tank, but just barely!! I may have to adjust the control boxes, but their current angle kind of makes it seem easier to use turn signals and such.

I was making a vlog today and this topic was the 2nd part of that, I ended up just making it a separate vid.. here it is.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJI5Hcb3N7M]Improving the Yamaha FZ6R Handling - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

93cc

Take the bar clamp off and rest the bars on a rag to not scratch them. Get under the riser, loosen it up and spin. They are on there damn tight.
do the nuts under the raisers first then the tops of the raisers... its supper easy, should be able to do it in less then 15 min