benefit of stomp grips?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I just put my SpecTech (or TechSpec) grip pads on, on Wednesday. I've got pics to post for them and some other mods. I hope to post them this weekend.
liez. no pics...no proof.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

i was watching the motogp video 'decade of motogp 2000 - 2011' and oddly, i noticed very few of gp riders have tank grips on their bikes.

RoadTrip

That's a good point regarding MotoGP. I have only just now started playing around with pinching with knees, I am using Raskal Graphic ones, they are really only grippy with leather pants.

Anyway, I am finding that the knee pinching is just another tool for riding and control, and not necessarily useful in all cases. For example they are great for engine braking descents to keep from jamming up against the tank and keeping weight off the bars, and in a tuck position you can hold an exact seating position more readily. However, during cornering, I am typically not pinching with the inside knee ready to drop outward if I feel the need / desire, but on longer sweepers I have employed a pinch.

The point is it is a tool and should be practiced and incorporated to your over all riding style as makes sense, I am still learning where it fits, but I like it so far.

Flipflash

Elite Member
Last edited:

bmw675

I think they are highly beneficial for the street. (i have techspec)
1. it helps with balance and staying stationary with heavy breaking. The first ride after i waxed the tank i almost smashed my head into the windscreen. :mad:
2. it helps prevent scratches on the side of the tank.
3. supposed to be able to remove without damage to the paint/finish.

techspec has 3 different material options. snakeskin fusion and c3.

from what i understand, c3 is softer and less grip while snakeskin has more rigid and 'grippier' (word?). not sure of the fusion.

I chose the snakeskin for mine and am more than please. my center strip didn't stick the greatest, but there is an extreme bend in the tank where my trouble is. If i press on it, it stays for a couple hours, but begins to seperate again.

I believe the stomp grips will increase where on jeans and leathers, thats one of the reasons i chose the techspecs.

Detrich

They work great but definitely will scuff up ur leathers a bit on the inner thighs a little... (At least the snakeskin ones will- but those have the most grip.)

I'm waiting for another weekend of non-stop rain when I'm bored outta my head to install mine... lol. x_X