Belly Pan Creation

dste0395

I started working on a bellypan for my streetfighter look and used the original fairings to do the work. I will post pictures so you can see exactly what I did. I used the stock brackets for the fairing piece. I need everyone's opinion on how the bike looks with it on. I am going to remove the pieces and paint the insides flat black.
Here is my thought on this project, from some angles it looks great, from other angles I'm not so sure, that is why I want to get your opinions of the mod.
I have no clue how to create a poll on here, FYI.

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
I like it, but it sits way too far out. Most belly pans sit much closer to the header. If you could figure out and slide the whole thing back as close to the header as you can it would look good.

dste0395

I like it, but it sits way too far out. Most belly pans sit much closer to the header.

I know right, I am trying to do this all on my own but might have to see if the XJ6 or the FZ8 bellypan would fit the same mounting points. It is a bit far out.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dste0395

Look great but you should have sold your stock fairing and bought a FZ1 or 8 belly pan. I bet it bolt almost right in... I like it!
Called Yamaha USA, emailed Yamaha UK, trying to call Yamaha Japan. Yamaha USA said they don't have any specs on UK, Mexico, or Canada bikes so they cannot tell me if the belly pan for the XJ6 will fit my bike. Seems to me it would, but remember the anchor points for the current bracket are just "tapped" into the engine case. I don't know if I can order one from the UK, pay for shipping, and then send it back. I guess I might have to sheet metal it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jerrad

Wonder if this will work.
Go on the auction site and type in "Yamaha XJ6 Diversion 09-12 / XJ6N Belly Pan Black Silver Mesh"

dste0395

Update to XJ6 Compatibility

Hey guys, the XJ6 is a NO GO! I wrote Yamaha USA and Yamaha UK as well as Intobikes.co.uk and Powerbronze.co.uk and they have all come back and stated that the XJ6 bellypan will NOT fit our bikes. So the next thing for me to do would be to re-engineer the mounting holes on the modified bellypan that I created and move the whole thing back 3 inches. I will keep you all posted.:mad:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dste0395

I have decided that I am going to remove the belly pan and replace with black exhaust wrap. Warmer weather would be nice right now.

Bert-Aus

FOund this for you, recently posted elsewhere to
Powerbronze

Would be a good idea to check if the mounting brackets come with this thing too, otherwise order them through a Euro supplier
Catalogue is here (you may have seen this before)
Parts in particular can be found on page 33

I am assuming you will need -I am fairly certain you will find the engine block is exactly the same as the XJ6, which means the mounting points are there to be used (if they are not already being used by the FZ6R fairings

9 20S–22863–01 COVER, UNDER

10 90480–14003 GROMMET

11 90387–06260 COLLAR

12 90111–06123 BOLT,HEX. SOCKET BUTTON

13 20S–2172K–01 BRACKET 1

14 90338–07157 PLUG

15 90109–060E9 BOLT

16 20S–2172L–02 BRACKET 2

17 90464–24230 CLAMP

18 90338–07157 PLUG

19 90109–060E9 BOLT