Been practicing wheelies on my FZ6R.

Justin Case

So there are a couple if videos on the web on some guys doing wheelies on the fz6r so I would look at those and other videos how to wheelie (both power wheelies and slipping the clutch kind of wheelies) at first I would do power ones and I would only get my front tire off about an inch to two inches. Ehh...haha I need more. So I tought myself how to slip the clutch.gotta tell you I was highly impressed! This bike has more power than I thought. I have even more respect for this bike now. The bike gets off the ground much much more. It's been four days now and each time I get a tad bit better.learning more and more. Totally thrilled that I could pop a wheelie!!

Dropped it yet?

How exactly do u pop a wheelie by slipping the clutch? :headscratch:

To help you out, here's a trick known around the world. It will lift that front wheel of the ground, that's for sure. Notice that you must do it with all the right gear as demonstrated.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJnfL7ZG5qU]YouTube - Bad Wheelie[/ame]

Ok that made me LOLz. But I don't think that's what Justin meant tho. xP

How exactly do u pop a wheelie by slipping the clutch? :headscratch:

Quick and dirty of it is... As you are slowly moving in first gear, pull the clutch in to just engage it, rev the engine up and slip off (dumping) the clutch. Not too great on the bike, and an easy way to flip yourself on your back with a nice heavy piece of metal on your chest...

To help you out, here's a trick known around the world. It will lift that front wheel of the ground, that's for sure. Notice that you must do it with all the right gear as demonstrated.

YouTube - Bad Wheelie

I didn't hear Allah Akbar did I?

never teach a novice to drive stick on city streets unless u don't mind getting honked or flicked off a lot.. hahahaha. ppl are just impatient and mean. the only time they are more forgiving is if the car has big signs on it saying STUDENT DRIVER.

at least that's how it is here in LA... :lol: xP

never teach a novice to drive stick on city streets unless u don't mind getting honked or flicked off a lot.. hahahaha. ppl are just impatient and mean. the only time they are more forgiving is if the car has big signs on it saying STUDENT DRIVER.

at least that's how it is here in LA... :lol: xP

Agreed. I was still learning to ride and bought a crappy beater bike as my first bike that had carb problems. I stalled out at the light in a left turn lane, people were honking, the van behind me got over in the next lane and slammed on the gas while yelling at me through the window "f***ing idiot".

Clutchin' up is the easiest way to get all the way up fastest to the balance point, power up is the best ( for me anyway ) to ride em faster and longer. What I do for a power up is get goin around 26 mph in first gear, stand up, lean front, roll off throttle, slamming back on and pulling up, you will hit the balance point rather smoothe and slower than clutchup, if you gotta go to second, be extremely careful, you must use back break lightly to bring down below the BP, get that clutch in, gear changed, and back to BP. Clutch up's, I go roughly 9-14 mph, Using your left pointer finger, pull clutch in around half way, or until you can get your RPM up to 7-8k, let out fast, but not dumping and gas at the same time. DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT go over 8k RPM for your first time learning. You will flip that bike faster than the grand chef at dennys diner flipping pancakes.

Onces you get the basic of how to down, its fairly easy. Nothing better than ridin a wheelie at 10 mph all the way across walmart :D

what i did first: ride it in first gear until 6-7000 rpm(keep it steady on the throttle) the use my pointer finger to pull in the clutch rev the bike up to 10-11,000 rpm the let go of the clutch. it worked good for me but i was messing around with it so i went lower on the rpm. now i start off at 3000 rpm then pull the clutch give and gas then ride it even longer. im still learning, oh yeah once you have it in the air you are going to want to give it a little more gas to ride it out if not your front wheel going to come down a lot sooner. im trying to get my videos download from my galaxy phone and tab to show everyone on here. i'll upload it when i can.:cool:

video of me practicing wheelies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3SwGhtzFaA]YouTube - Practicing wheelies(clutch) on my Yamaha FZ6R[/ame]
fly by doing 101mph too

pretty cool. but, wouldn't the cops see u practicing there and give u trouble? it's right near a major freeway it looks like.

i actually wouldn't mind learning how to wheelie- just for the sake of knowing how to do it. but, i wouldn't dare to try learning on my own. is there an msf class that teaches that? ;)

well, i need to learn how to get up to speed in the canyons first. :p

Nah. A lot of cops passed by on that freeway but the road that I'm on it will be hard for the cop to get to or if he did figure out where I was. it would take him a little time to get to me.

Dang. Haha two ways figuring how much much if I got cought, one is to get cought(haha) and two is to google it. Though I wouldn't be laughing if I do get cought. I've heard the viper pipe before. Sounds nice also thinking the two brothers exhaust.

Hey Justin :thumbup: for the process. A little tip, I noticed in every wheelie you can hear the bike winding out at 12000rpm everytime and only rode it for 2 secs. How to prevent that, find the balance point and run with the bike. what i mean is the bike is either going to want to fall back or forward, its your job to keep it sqaure, back brake for down gas for up. When doing your clutch up try holding the gas on a tad bit longer, or go a little slower. I see you seem to be rolling 15 or so mph it looks like try dropping to 10 and it will come up a lot further. But for now :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back