MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MrPyklet

Tbr

I reckon you can't go passed TBR with some form of Juicebox for the best looks, power and sound.

I may be biased because its what I have....:D

The juicebox is a must have with any exhaust system you get. I had my TBR on without it for a week and when I installed it the difference in sound and power was amazing!

Bateleur

Exhaust

Hallo Everyone, I am new here. I spoke to Marthy about an exhaust for my 2010 FZ6R, but since I live in South Africa the logistics of getting it done by Marthy was a bit of a headache.
I did proceed to purchase an IXIL exhaust for under $200. I took a silver looking box with a black end cap. Then I went to a local welder friend of mine. We cut of the cat. Then we had a headache as one needs to reduce a 80mm (about 3 2/8") to 50mm (2 ") to make it fit to the supplied 50mm pipe that will slip into the "pot". Well we used a thick 80mm pipe and cut out a V, then beat and heated one end until it fit the pipe, then welded it onto the 50mm pipe. Took a couple of hours to do.
Not sure if they are available in the US (http://www.ixil.com/). They are made in Germany. So if you have limited budget this may be a solution.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Bateleur

Ixil exhaust

JT, here are some pics. You can see that piece that I had to reduce which I still have to paint. My bike is like a project bike. I bought it from someone who crashed it and destroyed the fairings. So I am in the process of putting a set of aftermarket fairings on. Right now the bike does not look so hot, but am currently painting the plastic parts etc. Once I am done, I will post some pics again.

Attachments

Bateleur

Ixil exhaust

My bike is at the workshop right now. I tried putting on the fairings myself, but with all the different brackets, grommets etc. I am unable to put it together myself. There are no proper instructions anywhere, other than the owners manual and the spare part diagrams. None of them show how to put the parts together.

So anyhow, once I get the bike back from the shop, I will record a vid.

It was just a pleasure riding with the new exhaust, seeing the drivers pull over nicely and making way, whereas before with my stock pipe they did not even hear me.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

intrudr5

mirrors....

Hey all, im new here(2nd post!) and trying to navigate my way around-so I guessin (hoping?) this is right forum to ask about aftermarket mirrors others have installed. As you well know, the antennae tower mirrors that come stock are, uh......no, thank you lol

Any sugg's would greatly help!

Thanks y'all!

jammer

Hey all, im new here(2nd post!) and trying to navigate my way around-so I guessin (hoping?) this is right forum to ask about aftermarket mirrors others have installed. As you well know, the antennae tower mirrors that come stock are, uh......no, thank you lol

Any sugg's would greatly help!

Thanks y'all!
Try searching ZX10R mirrors and just mirrors in general. There is a huge thread in the mods sectional just dealing with mirrors.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/zx10r-mirrors-our-bike-31382/

Last edited:

DiHydro

What we call a slip on is changing the whole muffler. Slip-on muffler. What you found is just something you add to your exhaust to make it look cool and heavier. It's like going to PepBoy and getting a chrome exhaust tip for your car.

In order to get a real slip on you either need to get a full exhaust like Two Brothers, or contact me. :D

Check out my website in my signature for more details.

Marthy
Don't forget MJS makes a header kit also!

FZ6R Race Exhaust 2009 - 2014

faster48

Hey guys- looked at Tb. Exhaust also marthy, but didnt want to spend That
much. Made my own custom . Removed entire 1 piece exhaust.
cut exhaust pipe off at muffler.drilled 2.5i nch hole in muffler
where old pie was. Gutted baffles.welded 2.5 inch chrome slash cut pipe
in the hole. REALLY LOUD. made my own baffle out of heat treated
steel ( with welders help) ran bolts thru pipe and baffle. Drilled holes in baffle
holes in baffle till correct sound was emitted. Total cost less than 100$
And looks better and sounds great! Note on baffle- get a small piece of 2.25 inch
muffler pipe at auto zone, have your welder weld a cap on one end
end then drill your holes and insert.go for it!!!!

Last edited: