Anyone transport Bike via trailer hitch rack?????

tractorboy

Has anyone ever had to trailer there bike and if so has anyone used the trailer hitch rack for transportation.

I know they say they are built for the weight but I dont know about hanging that with my bike off my *** end??? I think im just going to add a trailer hitch to my car and haul bike with my small trailer down the NYS thruway.......

but Im just wondering if other people have ever used one and wondered. rubber side down baby!!

mc rack.jpg

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Billsbet0

Yes, worked like a charm. I was nervous the first time but after that piece of cake. 2011 FZ6R on a Ford Excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tractorboy

wow Billsbet0 Good to here. Maybe I should think about it.

Hmmmm.

thank you for the feedback gentlemen....

Billsbet0

You need to be very selective in receiver choices as not all class 3 receivers are rated for the same load or tongue weight. In each class, 3, 4, and 5 there are different load carrying abilities. Be sure to verify exactly what have so nothing bad happens.
The minimum is a class 3 with weight distribution and that gets you 600lbs...

Last edited:

BluePill

I have a 600 Lb. carrier with a class 4 receiver rated at 500 lbs. tongue load. That's based on a ball mount that puts the load just a few inches behind the receiver. Using a hitch carrier with a tube that puts the center of the load 16 inches or so further back is a no-no to my way of thinking when the bike weighs almost 500 lbs.

I do use the setup for my 300 Lb. WR250R, and I feel it's safe.

For the Fizzer, I use a trailer:

Last edited:

TexanFZ6R

I have a 600 Lb. carrier with a class 4 receiver rated at 500 lbs. tongue load. That's based on a ball mount that puts the load just a few inches behind the receiver. Using a hitch carrier with a tube that puts the center of the load 16 inches or so further back is a no-no to my way of thinking when the bike weighs almost 500 lbs.

I do use the setup for my 300 Lb. WR250R, and I feel it's safe.

For the Fizzer, I use a trailer:

What are the dimensions of that trailer?

BluePill

5X8 so it's wide enough to carry a quad. 4X8 would be fine just for bikes.

TexanFZ6R

5X8 so it's wide enough to carry a quad. 4X8 would be fine just for bikes.
Good to know! I'm looking into buying a trailer. I loaded the fz in the back of my truck last weekend with an 8' long ramp (2x8) and a step stool... not fun lol.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member