Anti-Theft Alarm

Do you have an alarm system on your motorcycle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • No...and have no desire to get one

Votes: 99 38.5%
  • No...and want to get one someday

Votes: 124 48.2%

• Total voters

mjesenovec

Does anyone know if there are any major differences between the spy 5000m and the 7017? The cheaper price of the spy is awesome, but if it's worth spending the extra cash for the gorilla, I'd like to know.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

See red

I don't care to have an alarm. Want it? take it. I will get a new one, and jacket, helmet, luggage, don't bother me at all. What WOULD piss me off is to have someone push the bike over. This has happened to a buddy of mine twice.... it get fixed, but what a pain.

KeysRider3

No alarm, but I do have a good disk lock. Most of the time my bike is parked on my porch, and the porch has metal railing around it. I also have dogs that bark if anyone gets within 50 feet of the house! My last line of defense is the low deductible on my comprehensive insurance!

JimmyC

Alarms sound like a good idea..but my bike sits in a locked garage so i use a bright orange disc brake lock and disc brake lock reminder only if I'm going to be away from the bike for a longer length of time....I think I would invest in an alarm if it was always outside.

BoneJj

I spoke to a friend yesterday who doubles as the repo man at night... he was able to grab a GSXR with a Xena lock on it. The alarm went off, but all they had to do was lift the front wheel and they were able to lift it on to the bed of their truck.

I might have to look at the cable + lock solution instead.
No vehicle is safe from repo... I do this on the side myself and yeah, it's not hard to take bikes....

via mobile, crazy...

rx9790

Just got the Gorilla without the pager feature, may add it later. Work in a bad part of Houston (like theres a good part) so it is cabled to a pole as well.

Xanroth

I went out and dumped 120 on a Xena disc brake alarm... I live in San Diego -- which is the motorcycle theft city of America...

It was well worth the money, and it fits under my seat when im not using it.. Its stupid, stupid loud.

BoneJj

Deathdiesel

Hmm considering the post I read earlier about picking up the front tire, does that mean any kind of disk lock should be on the rear, combined with the fork lock? I would assume that would make it very difficult to steal a bike.

Chevyfazer

While that is true, my friends Smith and Wesson have a way of persuading people.
While I have the same mind state (although will prolly never own another S&W again because of a horrible experience with a sigma and have recently discovered CZ) in reality it's impossible to keep your eye on your bike 24/7, you gotta sleep sometime right.

CaseyJones

While I have the same mind state (although will prolly never own another S&W again because of a horrible experience with a sigma and have recently discovered CZ) in reality it's impossible to keep your eye on your bike 24/7, you gotta sleep sometime right.
Thats also true but surveillance cameras don't have to sleep.

BoneJj

Thats also true but surveillance cameras don't have to sleep.
What good is a camera going to do to actually prevent the theft? You need a loud alarm. Either through motion sensing cameras or on the bike itself....

pyratio

Kryptonite Realtime GPS system

Has anyone seen or own one of these?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009LTEWVE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34BOGU1I5UYOJ]Kryptonite Realtime Gps System 720018001256 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

~p