Another NEW Northern Virginia Rider!

fz6r_zer0

Hi everyone!

Recently bought a used 2009 FZ6R from someone in this forum I believe. Don't know his username but he's in Sterling, VA.

I've found a lot of useful information here and figured it was time to share my knowledge as well as find more.

Some info on the bike:

2009 Raven, her name is Sloan

-most decals off the bike, the only things left are the 2 stickers on the swing arm which I intend to take off this week, I just took off the tank decal yesterday.

***For anyone finding that Goof Off or Goo Gone doesn't work too well, I have been using the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover and its AWESOME. It's petroleum based and takes EVERYTHING off, and after I just use some quick detailer and a new coat of wax and it looks great.

-blacked out windscreen

-flushmount turn signals

-Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders

-just ordered the carbon fiber tank pad as well as a carbon fiber gas cap accent

definitely got some more stuff in mind, just wanted to give everyone a quick hello!

Last edited:
Word up from Minnesota brotha! Sounds like you got yourself a nice bike and some great plans!

congrats on the bike, enjoy!

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

cj i would definitely like to plan something like that. especially after i start modding up the bike to see what others have done

dart i'll keep that in mind, riding alone all the time gets a little... well... lonely.

Falls church def isn't that far away so it would be no problem, where have you been riding at around there? Best part of living further south is there are more "fun" rodes to ride on, not always stuck in traffic or on the city streets

haha absolutely right cj.
route 50 and route 7 are fun once you get past most of the city. i took 50>29 all the way to warrenton the other day, was a fun ride.

the beltway is fun too as long as you're not going with traffic.

i plan on taking a trip to skyline drive sometime before and during fall once i get a little more acquainted with the bike. my friends on their bikes as well as others on some souped up cars.

Welcome from Tacoma, Washington. :) One of my daughters lives in Falls Church, VA. We will be there in Sept. for a visit.

Sheesh! I leave NOVA and now there are tons of riders out there! :(

But Welcome just the same!!! ;)

lol only one thing left to do jspansel, come on back!

24kmach, bring ur bike with you lol. like i said i would like to go to skyline drive around that time when the leaves are changing with hopefully a new camera by then. probably borrow my friends GoPro HD too.

Welcome zer0 to the Forum. I live a long way from pretty well everyone here but I enjoy the friendship and fun. The FZ6R is a great all round bike that I am sure you will enjoy. Laurie.:canada:

Back