another fz6r down :(

roxxor

just got my first accident... the left of the bike is destroyed , front headlight, tank, handbar and cluster are broken too.

i hope it gonna be a total loss....

about me im fine... some strach to my left leg. i was full gear hopefully.

I entered the curve too fast and did a major error on applying brake in the curve. the handbar slap the tank 2 time and i lost control in the sand. got very lucky i pass in the middle of the 2 signalisation.

i entered the curve really too fast so here come the experience....

dont know what gonna be my next bike for now.... Im just hoping that the insurance gonna make it a total loss..

Thanks guyz...

Sorry for my bad english too.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Harda toenail

The bike is most likely a total loss. Doesn't take much. And not worth the risk of insurance fraud punishment if you mess with it yourself. Get an fz1. They are amazing

JSP

Super Moderator
You might wanna delete that part of your post... insurance fraud is a big deal.

Is there any gouges on the swing arm? Basically, for a shop to put it to new, they need to replace anything with even a scratch. So a bike is VERY easy to get totaled.

CrazyCawi

done for him ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Crocop43

First and foremost I would like to say I'm glad ur ok. Secondly I think we need to address people with excessive speeds....yeah I like to go fast but also use the speed limit as a good recommendation.....I'm not about to go 75 in a 25....the road just isn't meant to handle those speeds....but if u go 75 in a 55 you probably will be okay .....situational awareness I suppose. Also I got a question for everyone......what kind of insurance do u guys have liability or full coverage

Harda toenail

First and foremost I would like to say I'm glad ur ok. Secondly I think we need to address people with excessive speeds....yeah I like to go fast but also use the speed limit as a good recommendation.....I'm not about to go 75 in a 25....the road just isn't meant to handle those speeds....but if u go 75 in a 55 you probably will be okay .....situational awareness I suppose. Also I got a question for everyone......what kind of insurance do u guys have liability or full coverage
I have progressive state min for 200/year. I've always had state min on all of my vehicles.

djf18374

I have progressive state min for 200/year. I've always had state min on all of my vehicles.
I have Traveler's - full coverage with the highest limits on everything (still on loan), 250 deductible, and costs me $580 per year. I was shocked when that quote came through, cuz I'm a 22 year old male, on a sportbike. Geico wanted to charge $1900 per year for the same coverage :confused:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

I never go beyond 10-15 over the limit. More than that is just asking for trouble whether it be from cops or smacking into a wall...

Sparkxx1

I have Traveler's - full coverage with the highest limits on everything (still on loan), 250 deductible, and costs me $580 per year. I was shocked when that quote came through, cuz I'm a 22 year old male, on a sportbike. Geico wanted to charge $1900 per year for the same coverage :confused:
Same here man, I pay 600 bucks a year with progressive though. I'm hoping it gets reduced in a year since I got my license 2 days ago xD

Few thing got lost in translation here... he's not planning to do anything to his bike... he's just think/"hoping" for a total lost so he can get a new one.

French Canadian have a special dialect... I understood everything! :D
Marthy I think CC edited it for him xD You an't misunderstand what's not there :p

Crocop43

How much you guys paying for your insurance? I pay 42 dollars a month

Crocop43

I never go beyond 10-15 over the limit. More than that is just asking for trouble whether it be from cops or smacking into a wall...
This exactly....

linkgt

I think the problem here was that he applied the brakes during the corner, which you're never supposed to do. Going too fast when cornering, thus braking because he probably got scared. I go 30+ the speed limit most of the time on highway but when it comes to local, back or lonely road with corners/curves, i slow down because I know i'm still not good when taking them. (still learning as I only got the bike a few months ago)

I think as long as you stay at the speed you KNOW you're comfortable with, you will be fine.

Last edited:

Detrich

sorry to hear about the accident, but glad ur ok.

hope u get back on the saddle soon