Almost traded my marriage for a 636...

TokenSSDD

Note: It's not really as bad as the title makes it sound...

Last night on Craigslist I was perusing the ads (I'm trying to sell my Integra and was pricing out the competition) when I saw an ad for a '03 Kawasaki 636. Granted, I typed in "Integra" as my search word so I was a little suprised to see it pop up. In the ad the seller mentioned that he would trade the bike for a car. The bike was listed for $3800. Seeing as I was trying to sell my car for ~$3500, I figured I'd send him a text just to see what he would say. We got to talking and he was pretty interested in the car. Now at this point I'm nervous/excited because I really wasn't expecting him to take the offer seriously. I knew my wife wouldn't go for the idea, even though I told her that the perfect number of bikes to have is "one more." I rushed home to get approval from the her and she shot it down the second I said "second bike.":spank: I was crushed, expectedly of course. I tried to swing the argument that I could give her the FZ6R and I could have the 636 but she wasn't really going for it. She said it would either be her or another bike. So I made the smart choice... For now. LOL.:justkidding:

Just thought I'd share.

iSpoolin

That's pretty much how I got the 675 HAHA Wasn't looking for a bike, but I decided to look at 675's on cycletrader, found mine for a STEAL, threw the idea to my girl that she could have the FZ and i'd ride the 675, to my suprise she went with it though haha

Spunky99

Last night on Craigslist I was perusing the ads (I'm trying to sell my Integra and was pricing out the competition) when I saw an ad for a '03 Kawasaki 636. Granted, I typed in "Integra" as my search word so I was a little suprised to see it pop up. In the ad the seller mentioned that he would trade the bike for a car. The bike was listed for $3800. Seeing as I was trying to sell my car for ~$3500, I figured I'd send him a text just to see what he would say. We got to talking and he was pretty interested in the car. Now at this point I'm nervous/excited because I really wasn't expecting him to take the offer seriously. I knew my wife wouldn't go for the idea, even though I told her that the perfect number of bikes to have is "one more." I rushed home to get approval from the her and she shot it down the second I said "second bike.":spank: I was crushed, expectedly of course. I tried to swing the argument that I could give her the FZ6R and I could have the 636 but she wasn't really going for it. She said it would either be her or another bike. So I made the smart choice... For now. LOL.:justkidding:

Just thought I'd share.
Excellent decision.....Keep up the good work.

bm3schmi

Just thought I'd share.
There is alot of girls out there, not as many 636 ninja's! lol:banghead:

JSP

Super Moderator
So I made the smart choice... For now. LOL.:justkidding:

Just thought I'd share.

So you picked the bike? Post up some pics then already!!! sheesh

:D:justkidding:

TokenSSDD

DragonBlu

Just thought I'd share.
I've been presented with the same bluff before and called my wife. She folded,but it's always better if they approve the bike buying. That way you don't have penalties to pay for years.:)

CrazyCawi

Like lack of sex....wait that just comes with marriage haha

Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

maddozzy

Haha I just went and bought my fz6r without a word to my misses not a good idea shes hated me ever since .oh well totally worth it

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

roadrat

There's a lot to be said for a secret drive in self-storage unit. That's all I'm sayin'. ;)

KeysRider3

As long as I keep the Harley my Mrs. doesn't get too excited about whatever sport bike I'm riding. She tried telling me I was too old, looked silly, and was determined to kill myself. My responses used to be "Apparently not, I don't care, and it's waaaaaay better than sitting around and waiting." That, of course, didn't sit well, so now I smile, put on my helmet and say, "You're probably right. I'll be back. I love you!":D

TokenSSDD

There's a lot to be said for a secret drive in self-storage unit. That's all I'm sayin'. ;)
Yeah, but there's too many loose ends though. Where'd the car go, if you sold it how come our bank account didn't go up at all, why is there this mysterious charge of $40 a month for a self-storage place, why are you gone so much... I considered that as an option as well. Wait until she finds out that I'm planning to use part of the sale to pick up a Two Brothers though... THAT'LL be interesting. :thumbup:

WhiteFZ

Damn shame....you'd seriously consider a Kawasucki over your lady?

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

roadrat

Damn shame....you'd seriously consider a Kawasucki over your lady?
Ya but at least he can ride the Kawasucki any time of the month and he doesn't have to cuddle with it afterward. :thumbup:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member