All-Time Favorite Road to Ride?

MattEnTheHat

So I had a thought. Why don't we put together a list of the best rides. Post your absolute favorite ride that you have ever done, and I will tally up the votes and keep this post updated with them. That way we will have an ordered list of the greatest rides according to this community. And feel free to come back and change your vote, but make sure you say what you are changing it from so that I can update the vote count appropriately.

I'll start: California Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo to Monterey (or vice versa).

Leaderboard
1. Bouquet Canyon near Santa Clarita, California - 2 Votes
2. California Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo to Monterey (or vice versa) - 1 Vote
2. Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville, Tennessee to Natchez, Mississippi - 1 Vote
2. California Highway 94 to Sunrise Highway - 1 Vote
2. Mulholland Highway, California - 1 Vote
2. California Highway 168 near Bishop - 1 Vote
2. North Coast Road, Scotland - 1 Vote
2. Baboosic Road, Merrimack, NH - 1 Vote

Last edited:

latony007

Hmm, mine change as i discover new ones but right now my favorite is Bouquet Canyon near Santa Clarita CA. Great views, great twisties, almost no cars and a couple places you can open up safely.

latony007

Sounds like fun! I will have to check that out now that I am down south again.
Your finally back in Simi? There are several you need to hit up. If you head out your way to the 126 take that up to lake piru thats a good ride and super close to you. Angeles crest of course is a classic and so is mulholland.

MattEnTheHat

Your finally back in Simi? There are several you need to hit up. If you head out your way to the 126 take that up to lake piru thats a good ride and super close to you. Angeles crest of course is a classic and so is mulholland.
I am! Althought I somehow managed to break the clutch cable on my bike on Saturday and I'm currently waiting for the part to come in to get that fixed, but I should be up and running Thursday. It is absolutely killing me, this is the first time I haven't been able to ride since I got my bike.
And thanks for the tips! I will definitely check those all out soon.
Have you ever taken Topanga all the way down to the beach? On a map it looks like a great ride, but I have never actually taken that road, so it could be terrible pavement or something...

latony007

I am! Althought I somehow managed to break the clutch cable on my bike on Saturday and I'm currently waiting for the part to come in to get that fixed, but I should be up and running Thursday. It is absolutely killing me, this is the first time I haven't been able to ride since I got my bike.
And thanks for the tips! I will definitely check those all out soon.
Have you ever taken Topanga all the way down to the beach? On a map it looks like a great ride, but I have never actually taken that road, so it could be terrible pavement or something...
all the time, bout 15 minutes from my house. problem is its packed as hell with cars and only one lane. If you want a great ride take topanga to mulholland and that either to kanan and head left to the beach or just stay on mulholland all the way and youll hit the beach eventually thats my favorite. You'll go by two places where they take your photo on your bike and the famous rock store where all the bike stop. When you get to the water Go right along PCH and you wind up in camarillo and can get the 118 back to simi. Go left and youll eventually hit topanga again and you can take that back. Sorry we digressed on this thread, everyone list more great rides. I stay close for the most part but would love to hit some good ones in say AZ or NV

MattEnTheHat

all the time, bout 15 minutes from my house. problem is its packed as hell with cars and only one lane. If you want a great ride take topanga to mulholland and that either to kanan and head left to the beach or just stay on mulholland all the way and youll hit the beach eventually thats my favorite. You'll go by two places where they take your photo on your bike and the famous rock store where all the bike stop. When you get to the water Go right along PCH and you wind up in camarillo and can get the 118 back to simi. Go left and youll eventually hit topanga again and you can take that back. Sorry we digressed on this thread, everyone list more great rides. I stay close for the most part but would love to hit some good ones in say AZ or NV
Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds great! But indeed, back to the original purpose of this thread...

xJoshuaDrakex

Oh you lucky Californians and your awesome roads. Haha.

One of my favorites is Natchez Trace Parkway running from Nashville, Tennessee down to Natchez, Mississippi.

abyss1406

Old Highway 94 to sunrise highway hands down best road

Fizzer6R

way too many to list, fav. road is always one I can safely go a little over speed limit w/no traffic or cops around :cool:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member