Air scoop turn signals help

codys21

I know I've seen many bikes on here with flush mounts and turn signals in the air scoops, and I know there's been a couple of how to's but I am wondering which lights people actually went with. I am having a bit of trouble finding inexpensive led strip lights that I like for the scoops. Also, do "generic" flush mounts work well or would it be wise to go with some Motodynamic ones? I do not want to spend $100 on Protons.

These are the Motodynamic ones.
09-15 Yamaha FZ6R FJ09 FJ-09 LED Flush Mount Front Turn Signals - Dual Circuit

Do cheaper ones fit correctly?

Thanks for the help!

aburnett

I have those exact ones on mine. I am glad I went with them. All you do is plug them into the existing harness, no cutting, splicing, or anything.

jammer

I have those as well. Not very visible from the front in daylight but extremely easy to install.

codys21

Cool so I'll probably go with those then.

Any comments on which led light strips to get? I've found a couple sites that look like they have decent ones but I'd like to know what kind others riders have installed.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

those triangular ones that Scott and i have are the most visable from the front i have seen, as for the strips you should get ones the bend side to side like ours not front to back, i tried some of those because they were black strips but didnt work where we wanted them.

codys21

those triangular ones that Scott and i have are the most visable from the front i have seen, as for the strips you should get ones the bend side to side like ours not front to back, i tried some of those because they were black strips but didnt work where we wanted them.
http://www.radiantz.com/en/products#!/~/product/id=39306198

Do you think something like that would work? It says there is tape on all three sides meaning I could tape it on its side with the LEDs facing forward. It looks like it should work well.

codys21

Well I went with the motodynamic flush mounts and the Radiantz sidewinderz LED strips. Hopefully I will get them and have them put on by next weekend.

aburnett

Let us know how those LEDs work. I want to do the same thing.

latony007

codys21

Update on LED strip turn signals

Yesterday I finally installed my motodynamic flush mounts and Radiantz Sidewinderz LED strips. It was surprisingly easy actually. There is already a DIY post on how to do it so I won't go into too much detail. The hardest part was probably the fact that there isn't much wire to work with after cutting it. I left the running lights wires uncut for simplicity. As a side note, I've never done anything electrical other than a little helping my dad, so if I can do this I think anybody can. I've attached a few pictures of the LED strips themselves as well as how they look on the bike during the day and at night. I'll try to get a picture with the headlight on soon but I think they are pretty bright. I got the 4.7" strips; the next size down would probably be enough, but three extra LEDs are nice.

Attachments