aftermarket exhaust

Are you serious? A friend of mine gave me the name of her R&D contact so I emailed him and should hear back and find out soon. I'll keep you posted if Yoshi responds! I'm hoping they'll do it...she's got a Kawasaki 650R and it looks sweet! I think she got a slip on, which is not possible for ours!!! SUCKS!

some help here

hey can i buy a shortie slip on and cut the muffler off and custom weld pipe and shortie. or should i just cough u the doe:eek:

hey can i buy a shortie slip on and cut the muffler off and custom weld pipe and shortie. or should i just cough u the doe:eek:

It could be done with time and money. You will have quite a bit of fabrication to do to cut the muffler off, then weld together a collector for the header pipes. The stock exhaust is basically a 4-into-1 type system where the four header pipes basically converge all together at the muffler.

If you have the skills or a shop to do it for you, it would be kinda nice to see done, so the others out there wanting a different exhaust have options other than the TBR and M4.

An exhaust mod is definitely worth the effort. A few of us modified the stock exhaust to keep for various reasons; (bang for $, handling characteristics/LCG, etc.) but there is significant R&D involved in exhaust design to begin with. I would advise that other than a mild revision of the stock piece, go with a unit like TBR, M4, Arrow, Leo Vince. These are designed and engineered, even straight race headers are tuned for their purpose. Your project would be hit or miss with extensive work and no guarantee of improvement.

arrow has one now guys! supposed to sound sick - like TBR

i know arrow's sound great on other yamaha's!

That's true, unfortunately, none of them are all that attractive. Not to mention they are side-mounted cans, which changes the whole CoG for the bike.

crap i think ur right

An exhaust mod is definitely worth the effort. A few of us modified the stock exhaust to keep for various reasons; (bang for $, handling characteristics/LCG, etc.) but there is significant R&D involved in exhaust design to begin with. I would advise that other than a mild revision of the stock piece, go with a unit like TBR, M4, Arrow, Leo Vince. These are designed and engineered, even straight race headers are tuned for their purpose. Your project would be hit or miss with extensive work and no guarantee of improvement.

i think ur right im still gonna look into to it. im guessing that i need somting to keep back pressure up for my low end. maybe a baffle on the pipe before the slip on? ill let u guy know

this is what so many of you were apparently waiting for? So, whose getting it? Somebody must be with all the riders waiting for this over the TBR? IM still debting between this, TBR and the full Arrow exhaust systems... i wish i could here this one and the arrow's... i wonder which is the quietest of the 3?

i need an exhaust, hope i can be decide soon....:)

will the leo vince really show the weld marks like that? it looks so unfinished...?

I was at 2-BR's FAQ web page and there it was explained that their full exhaust systems are not street legal and they are for racing purposes only! I was thinking of CF system but now I do not know. Any thoughts? or all with these systems are in states with no emissions testing?:confused:

Back