Aftermarket Center Stand now available

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
When you use it, put your left hand on the grip, your right on the grab rail and then put your foot on the lever and stand (all your weight) while pulling backwards with both hands. It should almost come up with just your weight on that peg. You want to rely more on your weight than your arms pulling. Let me know if that works!

Heineken

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

I can't pull the bike back to raise it on the stand... it seamns that the got their center of gravity wrong or something or the made the stand a little bit too tall.
I suspect if you're using the handlebar and the rear grab rail, your arms are stretched too far apart for effective lifting.

Try a different grip point. I just went out and felt my bike (oooh), and there's an exposed frame tube just in front of the seat lock that feels like a good spot.

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

arcflash316

Just in case in hasn't been covered already, this stand does NOT work with the Two Brothers exhaust. It does NOT clear the can when trying to put the stand into the up position, guess I can't have it both ways

arcflash316

It won't work because of the exhaust sticking out past the area where the stand needs to be when fully retracted, no fab skills can help me to fix this problem. PLus my wife just began riding the bike, and we are lowering it to fit her short stature and the stand will not work with the lowering link. oh well

bmw675

Just in case in hasn't been covered already, this stand does NOT work with the Two Brothers exhaust. It does NOT clear the can when trying to put the stand into the up position, guess I can't have it both ways
so are you saying you have one that you have no need for. do you need someone to take it off your hands? :noworries:

On my old Kawasaki I use to have a centre stand. I believe the kawi weighed same as FZ6R.

The easiest way I got it on the centre stand was to face forward grab both handle bars then in one motion lean forward compressing the front shock and then rock back (i.e. using the shock to assist). Since the start I would have already been pressing on the centre stand peg with my foot using it like a pivot.

Another note I would rock forward with my body wieght as much as I can and then try to rock back timing the assistance of the front shock.

The difference with this method is not having to lift a heavy bike vertically.

Pics of the stand are good and hope to one day have one on the FZ6R.

arcflash316

IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR THE FULL PRICE i PAID. OR i WILL JUST RETURN IT TO GET MY REFUND EITHER WAY i AM GETTING FULL PRICE FOR IT, SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT IT

bmw675

IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR THE FULL PRICE i PAID. OR i WILL JUST RETURN IT TO GET MY REFUND EITHER WAY i AM GETTING FULL PRICE FOR IT, SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT IT
check pm! :)

Pvee

When I had the Vmax, I had trouble getting it on the center stand so I would roll the back wheel up on a board 1/2 inch, then put it on the stand and remove the board.

I could get it on there if I really had to but it was much easier on the board.

yfz6r

When I had the Vmax, I had trouble getting it on the center stand so I would roll the back wheel up on a board 1/2 inch, then put it on the stand and remove the board.

I could get it on there if I really had to but it was much easier on the board.
Last post was 4 years ago on this thread.

But ya some people do benefit by raising the back tire. On my fz1 I just put a lot of downward pressure on the cstand and lift on the handlebar and grab bar straight up. Everyone finds what works for them.

And I think every bike should come with a center stand from the factory. Those who disagree can take them off no problem.