A question on mirrors

Leave the second insert in the stock hole. I didn't cut the hole big enough for it. But you need those to make sure you don't pinch the body down too hard to the metal bracket. It'll never feel like it's tightening up if you don't.

i cut a hole for the washer on mine and it tightened down just fine...i wanted to make sure the mirrors wont got anywhere

just put the R6s mirrors on. Thanks for the excellent tutorial JonKerr!! heres a side-by-side comparison of the two. as you can see, a more aggressive profile. you can't beat the vis of the stocks, however, the R6s mirrors are priced right, look a 100 times better and still give you a good coverage of the cages you leave behind.

Attachments

• Mirrors.jpg
    Mirrors.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 242
Mirrors

I installed the R6 mirrors the other day but they vibrate a lot from the engine. Did anyone else have this problem? I also discovered that my new mirrors are magnified compared to the stock mirrors, I think that has something to do with it. Anyone have a fix?

My r6s mirros are supposed tpo arrive today! Very excited. Thanks to all on this thread for your valuable insight, especially to JonKerr for the how-to! If I feel adventurous, maybe try to install tonight...

I installed the R6 mirrors the other day but they vibrate a lot from the engine. Did anyone else have this problem? I also discovered that my new mirrors are magnified compared to the stock mirrors, I think that has something to do with it. Anyone have a fix?

mine vibrate to...but i just made sure they were secured ...due to the smaller mouting plate they will vibrate...as do most cruiser mirrors do...i just ignor it..as long as you can see if there is some one in your blind spots ur good...i always look over my shoulder anyway

I recently had the bike apart. I put the metal spacer on the second post opposed to leaving it in the original position. It reduced the vibration a bit.

OK, here's an interesting one for everyone...

The Buell 1125r mirrors have the same bolt pattern as the R6, therefore it should be the same as ours, right?

Check these puppies out - with integrated turn signals to boot... pics in the gallery belows show the bike from many angles so you'll get an idea on what they look like.

2008 Buell 1125R Photo Gallery

Would anyone be interested in seeing them mounted on an FZ6R? I might have sold my FZ6R today, but might still have time to take at least one off the Buell and put it on the Yamaha...

just got my bar end mirrors in the mail today...

29443_1351634084966_1654810660_846207_7645262_n.jpg

just wanted to also say thank you to bikermommy for all her help too!
good.gif

I really like the black bar end mirrors on the raven! Looks awesome!!

Looking really close at the pictures, the ones from D2Moto look like a much better product.
I ordered these.
2003-2008 Yamaha YZF R6 R6S YZFR6 Carbon Racing Mirrors: eBay Motors (item 400123220583 end time May-21-10 20:23:48 PDT)

Front/side look

Hi there,

Could you post a shot of what you did with the area that housed the stock mirrors? I'd love to see how you dealt with that and what it looks like.

Thanks!!

I went ahead and ordered the D2moto ones...

I also have a suspicion that the camera flash bleached out the carbon look on the mirrors and they will look much better in person. The pictures almost make the carbon fiber look like Kevlar...lol

Back