3M Scotchprint Vinyl

HotSauce

3M Scotchprint Vinyl - Updated

Thought I'd share my weekend project with everyone...my fiance's birthday is Tuesday, and she was out of town this weekend so I had some time to get her present together. It's a 2012 CBR 250R, originally all black. She always said she likes the bike from the T-mobile (thanks for the correction :D) commercials, so I hope she'll like this...

Took me about a solid 24 hours worth of work to do all the pieces, and I spent $100 on the vinyl (5' x 6' sheet). I probably could have gotten away with a 3' x 6' sheet, but I didn't measure, so now I just have some extra if it ever needs repairs or anything. All in all the vinyl really isn't too difficult to work with, you just need a lot of patients and a fair amount of heat.

...now to decide what color to do my FZ6R :D

I'll probably post some better pics later, her plane literally landed as I started re-assembling the bike, so I didn't have much time to move the bike out of the garage for fear of her showing up and blowing the surprise for Tuesday. Let me know what you all think!!

She loved it! I uploaded a few more pics and here's the video of her reaction if ya'll care!

Emily's Birthday Present - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited:

ajones70

Wow!

Wow! Wow! She will be blown off her feet! Great job!!! Looks fantastic!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

I'm taking the silence from the OP that she really really liked it and they're out riding and having too much fun to let us know how she liked it...... Or.... She really really really hated it and threw her ring back at him and now he's debating on how to get back on the thread and let us know....

I think it's awesome though!

2013 Fz6r satin

I'm taking the silence from the OP that she really really liked it and they're out riding and having too much fun to let us know how she liked it...... Or.... She really really really hated it and threw her ring back at him and now he's debating on how to get back on the thread and let us know....

I think it's awesome though!
or she took his bike and he's on the pink flamingo!!:D

HotSauce

or she took his bike and he's on the pink flamingo!!:D
HAHAHAHA don't worry everyone, she doesn't know quite yet, I'll break out the surprise for her tomorrow after she gets home from work! I'll make sure I get a video and post some better pics tomorrow evening. Thanks for everyone's comments!