2015 FZ6R Parts Compatability?

arrogancy

Hey, sorry for my first post here being an inquiry, but forums are pretty much the only option I can think of.

Basically, I have a 2015 FZ6R that was parked in the shared building garage and barely ridden. A car backed into it into the wall and I got a busted side fairing, cowl, and messed up forks for the trouble (along with the broken light assembly, etc. that goes along with the cowl).

I took it into the shop for an estimate to fix, but they are taking FOREVER to provide any estimate due to not being able to find the parts for it since it's so new. Even when I said, "I'll get the parts, take the fairing/etc. out and fix the forks and essential parts," they're still not getting back to me on THOSE sections either.

I'm thinking the shop is just terrible, but before looking up another shop and having to pay to get it dragged 20 more miles, I'm wondering if anyone here knows on compatibility for the 2015s. Anything I see online basically says 2009-2014 or similar for parts and mods, and nothing talks about prior year compatibility with 2015. Does anyone here know anything related, or can point me to even somewhere where I can locate 2015 mods?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

arrogancy

Thanks a lot - one last question, for modding purposes - do you know if fairings made for 2009+ will fit the 2015s (in case I want to go with an aftermarket/custom look)? If all the changes are aesthetic/slight, they probably will, but you never know.

catdoc

The shop telling you the "bike is too new" when we are in 2016 and the bike came out in 09 is pretty suspect. I would be suspect of the shops ability.

arrogancy

The shop telling you the "bike is too new" when we are in 2016 and the bike came out in 09 is pretty suspect. I would be suspect of the shops ability.
Going in there after FINALLY getting the quote, it actually seemed to be a stalling tactic because they just hadn't gotten around to it yet.