Yamaha Windscreen

Copper6R11

The Yamie windscreen does say "fz6r" which is cool, but it looks like its bent akwardly doesn't it? I dunno, maybe its different up close, but i couldn't be happier on my puig purchase. Cost me like 80 bucks, but the looks are well worth it i think.

Jay S.

Finally decided to order one after debating it since I bought the bike. It will be under the tree from Santa. I appreciate everyone's info and opinions on this thread.

:)

roadrat

Windscreen Comparisons

Great info on this thread! Just thought I'd post up some recent side by side pics of screens I bought and tested. I started with the Yamaha dark smoke which made very little difference to me... (I'm 5'10"). Tests were on the freeway at 80 mph. The Puig I felt was much improved over stock but I ordered black and didn't like it as much as the dark smoke, so.... I finally settled on the Puig Double Bubble racing windscreen in dark smoke.

I also ordered the Cee Bailey's 21 inch touring windscreen but I really didn't like the way it looked on the bike. I felt the bike lost its sport bike look.

(Below Left to right - stock, Yamaha dark smoke, Puig double bubble racing black, Cee Bailey's)

Jay S.

seriously, why does yamaha put the pointless warning sticker on the double bubble windscreen. after spending about 20 minutes burning my fingers trying to get the sticker off, i figured an extremely easy way to get the sticker off completely with hardly/no residue left behind. Just take a blowdryer and have it on the entire time you are doing this. place the blowdryer underneath the windscreen under the sicker and let it warm for about 20 seconds. keep the blowdryer on under the sticker and begin to peel the sticker off. Mine came off pretty quickly after i started to do it this way and the little residue left behidn i jsut used the sticker to dab the left over clue, and it lifted everything right up
I spent about 10 min trying to get it off with a plastic scraper and hair dryer...then put the hair dryer on the backside like you recommended and it came off in seconds. Thanks for the tip!

Alex6

.... I finally settled on the Puig Double Bubble racing windscreen in dark smoke.

I also ordered the Cee Bailey's 21 inch touring windscreen but I really didn't like the way it looked on the bike. I felt the bike lost its sport bike look.

(Below Left to right - stock, Yamaha dark smoke, Puig double bubble racing black, Cee Bailey's)
I'm a bit confused, because there are the Puig Racing w/screen and the Zero Gravity Double Bubble w/screen, but I can't find the Puig Double Bubble w/screen anywhere. Could you please clarify?
Thank you,
-A.

TokenSSDD

I'm a bit confused, because there are the Puig Racing w/screen and the Zero Gravity Double Bubble w/screen, but I can't find the Puig Double Bubble w/screen anywhere. Could you please clarify?
Thank you,
-A.
I dunno if Puig makes a double bubble. I have the racing screen that's definitely not double bubble and the touring screen is just a taller version of that screen at a different angle.

ngengs

Great info on this thread! Just thought I'd post up some recent side by side pics of screens I bought and tested. I started with the Yamaha dark smoke which made very little difference to me... (I'm 5'10"). Tests were on the freeway at 80 mph. The Puig I felt was much improved over stock but I ordered black and didn't like it as much as the dark smoke, so.... I finally settled on the Puig Double Bubble racing windscreen in dark smoke.

I agree with you about the Cee Bailey's, but I am curious to know if it's any better compared to the Puigs, being it's much taller.

I, too, am 5'10" and would really like to know from someone who's the same height. Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in buying a new windscreen myself. I currently have the first gen Puig Windscreen for the FZ6R. I love it, but I get too much buffeting in the chest area. I am 5' 10" as well.

Can anyone tell me if they managed to solve this problem without buying something that takes away the "sporty" look?

Thanks!