Yamaha Windscreen

joloy133

Just a warning to people out there, I used the goof-off (industrial strength) and guitar pick method... ended up scratching through whatever makes the shield "shiney" (maybe a clear coat on top?) either way, I now have a rather ugly spot and will probably getting another shield :/
Find a nice decal, or lettering, something that makes or ID's the bike as yours and cover it. There's other stuff to buy that is just as valuable, (front fork springs and oil) etc.......

jmckeown88

Someone said that they used a guitar pic and goof off and it worked, so being a guitar player, I tried the same... I didn't realize there was industrial strength and it was too strong.

So yeah, it sucks, just thought I'd put it up here so everyone else can learn from my blunder ;)

Roaddawg

Someone said that they used a guitar pic and goof off and it worked, so being a guitar player, I tried the same... I didn't realize there was industrial strength and it was too strong.

So yeah, it sucks, just thought I'd put it up here so everyone else can learn from my blunder ;)
Maybe it was the song you were struming!! :p

Superzoom

I just had 100% success using hairdryer, plastic paint scraper and WD-40. Took a little less than 30 minutes.

You really shouldn't need anything stronger than WD-40, nail polish remover, or a little rubbing alcohol.

JSP

Super Moderator
I just peeled it off and then used the same sticker and dabbed a bunch on the left over residue and it all comes off clean and smooth... Duct tape works wonders as well to get even the hardest left over crap off. Used it for the coin logos on the tank. Dart has a video of him using it. No need for any chemical crap.

MikeN02

I just peeled it off and then used the same sticker and dabbed a bunch on the left over residue and it all comes off clean and smooth... Duct tape works wonders as well to get even the hardest left over crap off. Used it for the coin logos on the tank. Dart has a video of him using it. No need for any chemical crap.
Hair dryer and used another sticker to dabb. Works pretty good then I washed off the rest with warm water.

XTRAWLD

OMG the sticker nazi's at Yamaha....OY....Hair dryer, credit card and goo gone did the trick. Took an hour to take it off. The windscreen looks mint on the bike!

dirklay

remove windscreen for cleaner air flow

I removed my windscreen yesterday, and it made an incredible improvement. Before, with the stock windscreen, it felt like my head was a speed bag, constantly buffetted about at any speed above 60mph. Now, I feel a constant pressure on my chest, with zero buffeting anywear, and very smooth airflow over my helmet.

24KMACH

Stardate 6-16-11. Received Yamaha Raised Bubble windshield today from Stadium. Installed. Looks kool. Decal was the shizz. Over and out. Fazer on stun. Launch Proton torpedos. Warp drive ingaged.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Pl2ZXSEZ4&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Extrait de music électro que j'ai réalisé avec Fruity loops‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

Gunn4r

It always blows me away to see a small piece of plastic like this sell for $100. (see OP's link) Always seems like such a rip off.

24KMACH

It always blows me away to see a small piece of plastic like this sell for $100. (see OP's link) Always seems like such a rip off.
$68.80 shipped. :thumbup: It be way cool. I will ride the bike to my Motorcycle club meeting tonight and get comments. :hug:

CrazyCawi

24k what was 68 bucks?

linkgt

The puig windscreen works great for me. I feel a lot less wind on my upper body than i used to with the stock windscreen. I dont feel the need to tuck in till maybe after 105-110mph and also depending if its windy.

Chucker

The puig windscreen works great for me. I feel a lot less wind on my upper body than i used to with the stock windscreen. I dont feel the need to tuck in till maybe after 105-110mph and also depending if its windy.
Did you get the racing or touring screen?

linkgt

Did you get the racing or touring screen?
Racing, smoke black screen. The only thing i will admit is that it SLIGHTLY directs the wind to your head. At first it felt weird but now after about a month of riding, i've gotten used to it. That may depend on height however, im 6'0. Some people dont complain at all about head buffeting. If i tuck in just a tiny bit, or even just slightly put my head down while riding in the normal position however, it goes away.

Still, i think the positives outweigh the one negative. I love the fact thought that i can comfortably ride over 90 mph without having to tuck in( in normal wind conditions) like i used to when i first got the bike a few months ago. It's a godsend on the highway.

Gwai lo 2.0

I love my Yamaha smoked double bubble!

Gwai lo 2.0

I'm searching for a tinted one - are you going to a local Yamaha dealer?
I got mine for the Yamaha dealer, and if you bought the bike there chances are they give you a huge discount!

Copper6R11

I personally didn't like the looks of this windscreen when researching for a new one. It just looks a little too curvy for my taste, makes the bike look a little akward IMO. I went with the Puig dark smoke tinted windscreen and LOVE IT.

Heres a picture reference in case anyone else is looking to upgrade their windscreen, but don't like the yamaha raised double-bouble: Puig Racing Windscreen Dark Smoke Yamaha FZ6R 09-10